+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding remote work in English while in Québec

captqc

Jan 17, 2021
My wife immigrated to Québec from the US to come live with me, but she's been having a really hard time finding work due to her limited French. Covid caused tons of disruptions with her possibilty to learn French (canceled classes, missed classes, etc...). We tried looking for remote jobs from English provinces for her, but they all ask her to be billingual even if the job offer originally was marked as only requiring English.

Does anyone know of any good way I could help her find jobs that only require English?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
My wife immigrated to Québec from the US to come live with me, but she's been having a really hard time finding work due to her limited French. Covid caused tons of disruptions with her possibilty to learn French (canceled classes, missed classes, etc...). We tried looking for remote jobs from English provinces for her, but they all ask her to be billingual even if the job offer originally was marked as only requiring English.

Does anyone know of any good way I could help her find jobs that only require English?
Not trying to be mean, but she should get a job and learn French as quick as possible. It's not that hard and helps to integrate quickly. And Covid has been over for a long time, cannot be used as an excuse anymore