+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find out if you're eligible to apply - Years of experience in one of these types of jobs?

Jun 22, 2017
I need the support on the following question in "Find out if you are eligible to apply" on cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

I answered "Six or more"

What do I do for the next question, as I do not understand it completely. I am a Chemical Engineer and I have 11 years of experience in Pakistan.

In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of these types of jobs (skilled trades)?
  • Industrial, electrical and construction trades (NOC codes that start in 72)
  • maintenance and equipment operation trades (NOC codes that start in 73)
  • supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production (NOC codes that start in 82)
  • processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators (NOC codes that start in 92)
  • chefs and cooks or (NOC codes that start in 632)
  • butchers and bakers (NOC codes that start in 633 If you are not sure of the NOC for your job, you can find it on the Find your NOC page.
The options for the answer are:
None.
Less than two years.
Two or more years.

Kindly help to select the right option.

Regards,
Usman

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
What exactly you don't understand about this question? Do you have any experience in any of these types of jobs? If not select "none", if yes say how many years. It's really simple.
EE contains of 3 types of programs you can apply under - Canada Experience Class where they ask about Canadian work experience, Federal Skilled Worker where they ask about Skilled work experience and Federal Skilled Trade where they ask about Skilled trades work experience.
The question you are querying is for Federal Skilled Trades Program. They want to know ifyou have any skilled trade work experience.

Jun 22, 2017
What exactly you don't understand about this question? Do you have any experience in any of these types of jobs? If not select "none", if yes say how many years. It's really simple.
EE contains of 3 types of programs you can apply under - Canada Experience Class where they ask about Canadian work experience, Federal Skilled Worker where they ask about Skilled work experience and Federal Skilled Trade where they ask about Skilled trades work experience.
The question you are querying is for Federal Skilled Trades Program. They want to know ifyou have any skilled trade work experience.
Yes you are right, I am applying under express entry but I do not know which category I would fall in from these three:
I, definitely, do not fall under the third one but which one I would be applying from the first two programs? I could not understand the difference between a "skilled experience" and "skilled trade".

Gorbzilla

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
Generally speaking, Federal Skilled Trades is for those working in a profession where specific certification is typically required, for example plumbers, electricians, chefs etc.

Federal Skilled Workers is for those that work in a professional environment, for example lawyers, accountants, marketing, scientists etc. Typically the prerequisites for these types of roles are at least a bachelors degree.

Since you're a chemical engineer, and presumably you studied that or something related at university, then its Federal Skilled Workers for you. Have a look at NOC 2134 and see if the list of duties and prerquisites match your own: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2134&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

Hope that helps (and to reiterate what others have said, have a good read of Express Entry in general on the CIC website, agreed its not the best site, but all the information is there).

Once you've confirmed you're FSW (short for Federal Skilled Workers), then use this tool to see what your points are - you'll need at least 410 to be in with a chance, but something like 430+ is safer): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp