+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Support Letter for Visitor Extension

Chroniverous

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
This is the letter I have written for my girlfriend to attache with all of the other paperwork for her visitor extension, any ideas or changes I should make would be appreciated.

Dear Sir/Madame,
I, ******, have enclosed this letter of financial support with ************'s IMM5708 Visitor Extension Application. She would like to extend her stay to gain common-law status and apply for permanent residency through the Family Class – Spousal.

I, ******, will be taking full responsibility for any extra expenses or emergency funds required during the duration of her stay in Canada. I have the means of providing for her and have provided a letter of employment from my current employer. I will also provide pay stubs to attest for my financial ability to do so.

While she is visiting She and I both understand that she is unable to work or go to school, and will only be here solely to visit Me, and gain common-law status.

Thank you for your consideration.

Chroniverous

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Updated:

I, ____, have enclosed this letter of financial support with ____'s IMM5708 Visitor Extension Application. She is requesting to extend her stay for 1 year to fully gain common-law status and cover the wait times shown by the VO office she will be sending her application for permanent residency through the Family Class – Spousal to.
I, ____, will be taking full responsibility for any extra expenses or emergency funds required during the duration of her stay in Canada. I have the means of providing for her and have provided a letter of employment from my current employer. I will also provide pay stubs to attest for my financial ability to do so.
While she is visiting She and I both understand that she is unable to work or go to school, and will only be here solely to visit me, and gain common-law status.

During her extended stay, she will continue to stay at my house located at _________ where I will continue to provide financial support for her.

Chroniverous

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Final Update:

I, ____, have enclosed this letter of financial support with ____'s IMM5708 Visitor Extension Application. She is requesting to extend her stay for 1 year so that we can qualify for common-law status and cover the wait times shown by the VO office she will be sending her application to. She will then be applying for her permanent residency through the Family Class – Spousal program.
I, ____, will be taking full responsibility for any extra expenses or emergency funds required during the duration of her stay in Canada. I have the means of providing for her and have provided a letter of employment from my current employer. I will also provide pay stubs to attest for my financial ability to do so.
While she is visiting She and I both understand that she is unable to work or go to school, and will only be here solely to visit me, and gain common-law status.

During her extended stay, she will continue to stay at my house located at ____ where I will continue to provide financial support for her.