+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financal Proof

Kinan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am intending to apply to a PhD program in Canada, one of the required documents is the financial proof which states my affordability of paying for studying and living expenditures in Canada. There is a certain amount of money depending on the number of family members plus the tuition fees per year.
My question is, are they taking the length of the program in its minimum or maximum number of years. (For example, the PhD program's length is between 3 and 5 years, do they calculate the amount of money according to 3 or 5 years? )

Thank you so much.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you would have some amount of money to support pretty much length of your program (at least half of it)
also if you would have funding from the school or already have a job offer (part time on campus), you wanna put specific amount how much you would make etc.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

this is what CIC would request(minimum), so you should provide as much as you can etc.

Good luck.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Kinan said:
Hi Guys,

I am intending to apply to a PhD program in Canada, one of the required documents is the financial proof which states my affordability of paying for studying and living expenditures in Canada. There is a certain amount of money depending on the number of family members plus the tuition fees per year.
My question is, are they taking the length of the program in its minimum or maximum number of years. (For example, the PhD program's length is between 3 and 5 years, do they calculate the amount of money according to 3 or 5 years? )

Thank you so much.

They calculate for first year alone. You will also need some credible source of funding for later years.

djam89

Dec 19, 2015
I'm in the same situation with the difference that I am applying for a MSC which is two years length. Though, I've been wondering the same question.
Should I have to send to my new canadian bank account 20K(10 per year living expenses) + the full amount of money of the MSC program??

It is not clear in the CIC website but I think that just the first year is the one required.

Have you found more information about the topic???

Kinan said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much.