+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally after 20 months I have my visa - Montreal & Recession

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Hi Guys,

Finally after 20 months of waiting I finally got my visa to move to Canada, we are all really excited about this move but unfortunately family members in Montreal are painting a dismall picture that theres no work and its really expensive to live there, please can anyone tell me if this is true!!!!!!!

Time Line

AOR Sept 11 07
Visa May 19 09 - Rome Office

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Conratulation Taffy for the visa, Sorry I have no info about the recession in Montreal, but I have a question if I may ask, why it took 20 month to finish? or it is because inland application?

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Hi Rorita,

My mdical expired Oct 2008 and I was pregnant so I could not redo my medical, had my baby in the November a month early redone my medical in Feb 2009 and the visa quickly followed. Hope this answers your question.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Ok I see, now it make sence.
Good luck in Montreal, hopefuly this economic recession will end soon.

Liuzhou

Apr 11, 2009
Taffy,

I live in Montreal. Our economy is average...no worse than anywhere else..depends on the industry and type of work you are looking for. I have not been hearing of excessive amounts of plant closures or lay-offs...except perhaps Bombardier and CAE.

Check out Monster.ca to or workopolis.com to see what's out there.

Anyway, there are signs that the economy is starting to improve. I wouldn't worry too much about it...definately no need to panic.

Speaking French will help you. I'm amazed that some people immigrate here and didn't know that 90% of the Province was French speaking. (It's about 60/40 - French/English on the Island of Montreal, so you can get by without it...but better if you have a good level of conversational French.)

Quebec in general is the highest taxed province in Canada, but housing costs are the lowest compared to other major cities within Canada. The lower cost of housing outweighs the higher taxes in my opinion. If you want to live downtown, it is more expensive, just like any other city.

Regards

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Liuzhou said:
Taffy,

I live in Montreal. Our economy is average...no worse than anywhere else..depends on the industry and type of work you are looking for. I have not been hearing of excessive amounts of plant closures or lay-offs...except perhaps Bombardier and CAE.

Check out Monster.ca to or workopolis.com to see what's out there.

Anyway, there are signs that the economy is starting to improve. I wouldn't worry too much about it...definately no need to panic.

Speaking French will help you. I'm amazed that some people immigrate here and didn't know that 90% of the Province was French speaking. (It's about 60/40 - French/English on the Island of Montreal, so you can get by without it...but better if you have a good level of conversational French.)

Quebec in general is the highest taxed province in Canada, but housing costs are the lowest compared to other major cities within Canada. The lower cost of housing outweighs the higher taxes in my opinion. If you want to live downtown, it is more expensive, just like any other city.

Regards
Only 1 city in Canada you can lave downtown cheaper than other locations.....it's Winnipeg.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taffy said:
Hi Guys,

Finally after 20 months of waiting I finally got my visa to move to Canada, we are all really excited about this move but unfortunately family members in Montreal are painting a dismall picture that theres no work and its really expensive to live there, please can anyone tell me if this is true!!!!!!!

Time Line

AOR Sept 11 07
Visa May 19 09 - Rome Office
If you want to have a good job, you will need to go back to school to get a undergraduate degree or master degree. Otherwise, it is hard to find a good paid-job. Jobs working as a sales clerk for retail should be relatively easy to get but does not pay well at all and it's boring and tired.

babybruna

Jun 9, 2009
Hi Taffy,
I'm so happy for you...We have a similiar time to our process and it was very hard step by step.
In may u take the visa, i do med exam, this means that all is finished finally after 20 months of waiting.
good luck
bruna
italy