+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Transcript requirement for SDS pathway for a Study Permit

hrish1402

Feb 27, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
Hi,
I have received an offer for a funded masters (MASc, 2 years) program and I plan to pursue that for which I’m planning to apply for a study permit through SDS pathway since its faster.

I’ve already worked as an Undergraduate Research Intern via Mitacs Globalink Research Internship program and also did me bachelor’s thesis at the same lab bringing my total experience at 7 months in Ottawa and I left the country well before my Work-permit expired.

The conundrum is, I’m back to my home country to complete my final semester of bachelor’s in engineering and it will finish in a month. I’ll receive my final transcripts in mid-July which I think is late to apply for a visa given I’m planning to go in late August. I can get a letter from my current university which says I’ve finished my bachelor’s credit requirements and I’m likely to graduate. I’ll also get marksheets for the final semester pretty soon around June which gives me 2 months (good safety margin imo) before I leave.

So could anyone else please suggest what would be the better course of action for my case?
Options:
1) Wait for final transcripts till Mid-July and then apply for SDS study permit?
OR
2) Apply with provisional passing certificate and interim marksheets for all semesters in Mid-June for SDS study permit?
PS: Would a study plan (SOP) be a good addition in both cases?

Any help would be really appreciated and helpful! Thanks in Advance!!