+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Determination for Permanent Residence Interview

Jun 12, 2017
I have been asked to come in for my final determination for permanent residence interview together with my spouse this week.

What will the interview be about?

I am scared we will be nervous and screw it up.

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
I have been asked to come in for my final determination for permanent residence interview together with my spouse this week.

What will the interview be about?

I am scared we will be nervous and screw it up.
Does your spouse live with you or live in Canada?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Congratulations! This is sounds your landing appointment.

No need to worry. You will be fine. Just bring all the documents requested in the letter you received and of course your spouse. ;)

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
We live together in BC,Canada.

Been married for 20+ years with 2 grown kids.

Moved here 3 years ago.
Since 3 years if you are liveing in Canada why would you have interview for? Whats your status in Canada rigth now?
You didnt have your permanent resident card after at the time of arriveing?

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Okay. Dont worry the interview will be simple make sure review all the info you had provided before you come to Canada and all the info you had provided for your PR application. They would only ask the info you have provided in your application and they need to see your faces in person and would take signatures for furthur proccess of your PR application.
Best of luck.

Jun 12, 2017
The interview was easy as a breeze. They could see we have been married for many years.
We signed some papers and were granted Permanent Residence and Landed on the spot.
My passport was stamped as landed.
No flag polling needed.

A happy day for us.
Thanks to all who helped on these forums.

Reactions: destinedlove

sam2904

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
02-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
19-03-2018
The interview was easy as a breeze. They could see we have been married for many years.
We signed some papers and were granted Permanent Residence and Landed on the spot.
My passport was stamped as landed.
No flag polling needed.

A happy day for us.
Thanks to all who helped on these forums.
Hi there, I just received the same letter. Can you please tell me what questions they asked? My interview is in Surrey, BC. Thank you.

Lululemon1989

Dec 23, 2017
Hi everyone!

I also received a similar letter stating that the Vancouver Immigration office will be contacting me to set an interview date.
I received the letter on Friday. How long does it take for them to contact me?

So exciting!!!

ThNks,

BarryB

May 22, 2018
Hi everyone!

I also received a similar letter stating that the Vancouver Immigration office will be contacting me to set an interview date.

So exciting!!!

ThNks,
Can you tell me how it went? Did you get PR once done?

KateVancity

Jan 21, 2016
Hi everyone!

So exciting!!!

ThNks,
I just had my interview in Vancouver today, so I will be happy to share some insights with you :) I got the initial letter (which is the one you are referencing) on June 22. Then I got my appointment letter from Vancouver on June 26. And I just had my interview today!

So if yours follow a similar timeline to mine, expect Vancouver office to reach out to you within the week, and an interview within a month :)

darlynn4444

Feb 11, 2018
We received a call from Immigration saying my husband's PR application looked good on their end but we need to go to an interview in Vancouver. They said we would receive a letter in mail with details. We live over 10 hours from Vancouver and not looking forward to driving on winter roads thru 3 mountain passes to get there. Can we request interview at an office closer to us...Calgary is only 3 hours away?

sam2904

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
02-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
19-03-2018
We received a call from Immigration saying my husband's PR application looked good on their end but we need to go to an interview in Vancouver. They said we would receive a letter in mail with details. We live over 10 hours from Vancouver and not looking forward to driving on winter roads thru 3 mountain passes to get there. Can we request interview at an office closer to us...Calgary is only 3 hours away?
Yes, you can. Reply to that email I guess?