+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

filling under NOC 0631- urgent help

amanbenipal

Jun 13, 2013
hey guys so i finished my post grad studies in management last year in April and started working full time as a restaurant manager in a franchised restaurant. i would be eligible to file the application by the end of this month. the only thing i am worried is because some one told me that my current pay($13) is less as for a manager. also my IELTS score is - overall 7.5 , speaking 6, writing 7, reading 8 listening 8.5

i m also worried because of my score 6 in speaking. some people are suggesting me to gain more experience and file later on with a good pay or i would surely be rejected.

suggestions please

Jun 12, 2013
Well, I don't really think that you need to get more in speaking as for NOC 0,A job, you need 6 bands in each module which make CLB Level of 7. As far as salary is concerned, how much those people are suggesting for your salary to be? because I know some of my friends working at wall-mart as a manager and they are also getting around 12.30 to 13 an hour.

amanbenipal

Jun 13, 2013
they are suggesting me at least 14.5-15, also some of them who already had there files with cic were telling me to put my position as assistant manager or supervisor because i don't have any previous work experience and how can they give me a managerial position.

though i used to work here part time before as they were known to me. there previous manager shifted to the new store and they wanted me to work. they taught me everything in 2 months and then handed me the store. but i guess the visa officer wont ask me the explanation.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Can you not apply as a food service supervisor? It is Class B.

amanbenipal said:
they are suggesting me at least 14.5-15, also some of them who already had there files with cic were telling me to put my position as assistant manager or supervisor because i don't have any previous work experience and how can they give me a managerial position.

though i used to work here part time before as they were known to me. there previous manager shifted to the new store and they wanted me to work. they taught me everything in 2 months and then handed me the store. but i guess the visa officer wont ask me the explanation.

gill656

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
amanbenipal said:

I am in the same boat, I started as a manager for $11.25 and now I am making $13. I am applying under same NOC code. I don't think pay rate matter too much , except it is under minimum wage. Most of restaurants offer 11-13 per hour for starting managerial position. I guess the thing matter is your job duties.

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
do you think $16.5 per hour is too high for graduation student? I got a job offer as assistant manager, they can fill out lmo for me because i run out of work permit soon. I have no previous experience in restaurant before except i work part time and full time in another restaurant as server for 1 year