+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling the CIC application, post ITA

MGL28

Oct 31, 2016
Hi I have 2 questions:

1. My Full First name in the passport is John Earl (Earl John) (not my real name)- the brackets are on my previous name, i just changed the order of my names - turned the second to the first. The application DOES NOT give me the option to add brackets, yet MyCIC states that I should copy my name exactly how it is written in my passport. What Should I do?

2. About the education - Wes recognized my education as "two or more degrees". Now, MyCIC states that I should include all the education since high school. I added the two degrees I already have and on the "Level of education" I chose "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".
I DID NOT include a row about my high school diploma. Should I? and what should I choose under the "the Level of education"?

Thanks,
MGL

MGL28

Oct 31, 2016
And a third question.

Under "Work history" Should I include jobs which are not in NOC A, B or O? (a waiter for instance)

Thanks

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
MGL28 said:
Hi I have 2 questions:

1. My Full First name in the passport is John Earl (Earl John) (not my real name)- the brackets are on my previous name, i just changed the order of my names - turned the second to the first. The application DOES NOT give me the option to add brackets, yet MyCIC states that I should copy my name exactly how it is written in my passport. What Should I do?
Enter the name exactly as it is mentioned on your passport. Explain the change/details in your 'Letter of Explanation'. Also, while filling the form, it asks about previous names and/or any changes, you can enter that detail there.

MGL28 said:
2. About the education - Wes recognized my education as "two or more degrees". Now, MyCIC states that I should include all the education since high school. I added the two degrees I already have and on the "Level of education" I chose "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".
I DID NOT include a row about my high school diploma. Should I? and what should I choose under the "the Level of education"?
Thanks,
MGL
If you want to enter your High School education, select the same level, i.e., 'High School/Secondary education' for this entry.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
MGL28 said:
And a third question.

Under "Work history" Should I include jobs which are not in NOC A, B or O? (a waiter for instance)

Thanks
You can add this information under 'Personal Activities', if the work history section asks only for the 'skilled work' experience.

MGL28

Oct 31, 2016
Que Em said:
If you want to enter your High School education, select the same level, i.e., 'High School/Secondary education education' for this entry.
Thanks!

It won't hurt my score due to listing my education level as "Secondary education" ?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
MGL28 said:
Thanks!

It won't hurt my score due to listing my education level as "Secondary education" ?
You're welcome. IRCC allocates points for the highest educational credential achieved (or for 2/more diplomas of the same level, whichever case is applicable), only. As long as you've provided your highest education details (a Canadian credential or an equivalent, i.e., an ECA), you will be awarded points for your highest credential. However, you can still wait for further opinions. :)