+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out the HRSDC form properly, does anyone have a sample?

mramstedt

Jul 9, 2006
Hi,

I am looking to immigrate to Canada with a work permit. Now looking at the HRSDC (PDF) form, number 34 says; "Is the job temporary with intent to permanent?". Should I answer yes or no, I mean the job offer is permanent, but would it affect the processing time?

What else do I need to apply for; temporary residency?

Can I adjust and apply for the PR while in Canada?
When should I apply for the temporary residency for the rest of the family?

If anyone has a good template, I would really appreciate the help. The company hiring has mostly foreign managers and are looking at hiring me as their consultant to assist them with project management, mostly because of language issues.

Where should they take this HRSDC form in the Vancouver area?
Do I need to add any degree certificates, reference letters or other certificates to the application? Would it help go through any faster?

Thank you!

ali_future

Jul 23, 2006
Hi there,

If you are intending to settle in Vancouver I would highly recommend using ACIC to assist you with this process - especially if you have arranged employment. Arranged employment does speed up the processing times for permanent resident status and ACIC will be able to assist you to ensure that you are not held back by missing vital information on the application process.

See my string called "DONT GO IT ALONE - my experiences..." because it may help immencely with your own process.

Good luck! BC is the best place on earth!

Ali Hunter