Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2013, Passport sent on 22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013, Passport received on 13-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-03-2013
Hi Guys...

I am in the process of filling my CEC application and found few items in check list that i do not have answer with me right away. I realised the forum which has given mor evaluable information on IELTS score and CLB levels. So, i am posting few items where clarification is required. Can some one spen soem time and help me in filling out my application.

Check list shows that,
IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
• birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment or separation certificates for you and your spouse or common-law partner. If married previously more than once, include certificates from each and every marriage/divorce you or your spouse/partner have had

1. Do we need to submit birth certificate of primary applicant and spouse even we submit the marriage certificate.
2. Do primary applicant need to submit the birth certificate.

Additional Dependants / Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
Completed by the principal applicant, if you have more than five (5) family members

1. I am staying in canada with my spouse. In this case do we need to count father, mother, sisters or brothers as family members and fill in the above application.

copies of your most recent T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency

I have T4 form but how to obtain Notice of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency

WORK EXPERIENCE - Letters must be written on company letterhead, be signed by the responsible officer/supervisor, show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the company's official seal (if applicable).

Unfortunately, my employer has stopped giving the work experience letters. What is the alternative for this.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES

I searched for VFSglobal on how to receive police clearance. Can soem one guide me in this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
love-canada said:
Check list shows that,
IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
• birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment or separation certificates for you and your spouse or common-law partner. If married previously more than once, include certificates from each and every marriage/divorce you or your spouse/partner have had

1. Do we need to submit birth certificate of primary applicant and spouse even we submit the marriage certificate.
2. Do primary applicant need to submit the birth certificate.

Yes, in both cases. Not the original birth certificates, but photocopies.

Additional Dependants / Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
Completed by the principal applicant, if you have more than five (5) family members

1. I am staying in canada with my spouse. In this case do we need to count father, mother, sisters or brothers as family members and fill in the above application.

No. "Family members" here means spouse and dependent children. If you only have your spouse (no children), you do not complete this form.

copies of your most recent T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency

I have T4 form but how to obtain Notice of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency

After you file your Canadian tax return, the CRA sends you the Notice of Assessment. You should have one for each year that you have lived here (and filed taxes). If you haven't been filing your tax returns, better get started...

WORK EXPERIENCE - Letters must be written on company letterhead, be signed by the responsible officer/supervisor, show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the company's official seal (if applicable).

Unfortunately, my employer has stopped giving the work experience letters. What is the alternative for this.

The alternative is much more difficult. First, you have to write a letter explaining why you cannot get a Letter of Employment from your employer. Provide proof if you can (e.g. an email from your boss saying s/he cannot give the letter). You also have to provide all the information as requested in the document checklist, and I would suggest giving the name and contact information of your supervisor. Then, you would need additional proof of employment with the company (e.g. contract, recent pay stub), and be prepared for CIC to ask for more documentation.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES

I searched for VFSglobal on how to receive police clearance. Can soem one guide me in this.

Assume you mean Police Clearance for India - forms and information here -
http://www.hciottawa.ca/index.php/consular-services/other-consular-services/police-clearance-certificate

Contact information for VFS Canada here:
http://in.vfsglobal.ca/timing.aspx

love-canada

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-03-2013
Thanks jes

Can I request my employment record at service Ontario for my work experience as my employer is very reluctant to give letters these days

Thanks again for all your support

love-canada

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-03-2013
Also can I do police verification in Canada as I am here for the past 20 months

Just a silly doubt crept in now... I got 2 years Canada exp in the last 3 years. I know this will not b a problem as long as I have 37.5 hrs per week. Confirm just in Case any change

Thanks all

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
love-canada said:

Thanks all
I don't think you need police certificate because you haven't lived in Canada for more than 10 years...I could be WRONG...I have been here for 8 years and i DON'T think i need a POLICE CERTIFICATE from Canada but i do need from back home....

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
love-canada said:
You may or may not be asked for an RCMP clearance. (If you happen to have the same name as some criminal in Canada, it's very likely you'll be asked. Otherwise, it's hard to predict.)

If you are asked, it's not a big deal as long as you are still in Canada (then, getting the clearance costs about $50, takes an hour, and most importantly, you get the result in a week or so). If you might move out of Canada while your application is being processed, I recommend you get an RCMP clearance now and submit it with your application. The reason is that getting an RCMP clearance from outside of Canada takes several months.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
defenestration said:
If you are asked, it's not a big deal as long as you are still in Canada (then, getting the clearance costs about $50, takes an hour, and most importantly, you get the result in a week or so). If you might move out of Canada while your application is being processed, I recommend you get an RCMP clearance now and submit it with your application. The reason is that getting an RCMP clearance from outside of Canada takes several months.
So how do i get started with RCMP clearance ???? do you have a website and what documents do i need ???????
and where should i go ???

thanksss...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
love-canada said:
Can I request my employment record at service Ontario for my work experience as my employer is very reluctant to give letters these days
Employers only give an ROE when an employee leaves or is terminated. So if you are still working for your employer, there is no ROE.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
love-canada said:

Not sure what you are asking.. you have to get police clearance certificates from every country you have ever resided in for at least 6 months since the age of 18. If you are asking, can I get a police clearance from my home country while residing in Canada..." The asnwer is most likely, yes, but would need to know the exact country or countries to be of more assistance.

If you are asking "Do I need a police clearance for Canada..." the answer is no, not at the time of application. As others have commented though, CIC might ask for a clearance later.

Just a silly doubt crept in now... I got 2 years Canada exp in the last 3 years. I know this will not b a problem as long as I have 37.5 hrs per week. Confirm just in Case any change

Yes, It sounds like you have the necessary experience, but we don't know all the details.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
rpun said:
So how do i get started with RCMP clearance ???? do you have a website and what documents do i need ???????
and where should i go ???
Again, it's probably not worth doing now unless you expect to move out of Canada while your application is being processed.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

That page says "you must have your fingerprints taken on form C-216C at your local police station or private accredited fingerprinting agency." I don't know of any police station in Canada that still does this, but two private agencies with offices all over Canada are Commissionaires and L1 Identity Services.