+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File under review-outland spouse PR application

jAshAnjosan

Jan 19, 2018
My spouse’s pr application is past the due processing time (application submitted on June 18,2023)
I was asked to resubmit a new police clearance after submitting a webform on June 19, 2024 asking about the application status.( they said the police clearance AFP-Australia could not be accepted as it was submitted using a third party veritas check).
The IRCC gave me an extension of 30 days to resubmit the police clearance (starting June 19th)
The police clearance was submitted and I received an email on June 27th stating
Thank you for your submission. The file is now under review by the Migration Officer.”

How long can I expect to hear back from them? Would it be after the extension date or could it be anytime now ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My spouse’s pr application is past the due processing time (application submitted on June 18,2023)
I was asked to resubmit a new police clearance after submitting a webform on June 19, 2024 asking about the application status.( they said the police clearance AFP-Australia could not be accepted as it was submitted using a third party veritas check).
The IRCC gave me an extension of 30 days to resubmit the police clearance (starting June 19th)
Thank you for your submission. The file is now under review by the Migration Officer.”

How long can I expect to hear back from them? Would it be after the extension date or could it be anytime now ?

Thanks
It could be before or it could be after the extension date. It's really impossible for any of us to say.

Reactions: nyantaro19

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks
There is no guaranteed processing time just a target. The fact that you have to resubmit information means that processing will be furthered delayed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s frustrating, just wondering, does IRCC usually not contact if a wrong document is submitted?
It's up to the applicant to make sure the application is complete and all of the right documents are submitted with the original application. If something is missing or the application is incomplete, IRCC can simply refuse the application. This is certainly possible when PCCs are missing or the wrong version is provided. Time to time IRCC will notify the applicant and give them a chance to fix the issue. But it's ultimately on the applicant to get everything right in the original submission. So I would consider yourselves quite lucky you are being given a chance to fix.

Reactions: canuck78

jAshAnjosan

Jan 19, 2018
It's up to the applicant to make sure the application is complete and all of the right documents are submitted with the original application. If something is missing or the application is incomplete, IRCC can simply refuse the application. This is certainly possible when PCCs are missing or the wrong version is provided. Time to time IRCC will notify the applicant and give them a chance to fix the issue. But it's ultimately on the applicant to get everything right in the original submission. So I would consider yourselves quite lucky you are being given a chance to fix.
That makes sense, I agree that we have been lucky so far.
Thankyou for your response.