Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering, how long does it approximately take for additional documents sent to Vegreville to be matched up to your existing file?
Probably counting from the day it was signed for at the office to the time the documents get matched up?
Also, in the AOR email, the sponsor receives an application number, does that number represents just the sponsor's application or the whole PR application?
Or does the applicant receive another application number when it progresses to step 2?

Thanks =)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Hubby and I sent in unrequested extra documents before Christmas. They arrived and were signed for December 6th, 2013. I had to call CIC concerning other questions but asked if our extra documents had been added up with our original application. The agent I was speaking to said that there were no notes on the file saying that they had received the extra documents though every piece of information included was labelled with the sponsor UCI, the applicants UCI and the case file #.

I called again last week (January 31st) to confirm that our AIP had been resent to the proper address (there was a mix up which saw the AIP email go to the old/wrong address they had on file for me) and I asked again about our extra documents. The agent said that he didn't see any notes on the file about the extra documents but that it didn't necessarily mean that the officer hadn't received them and joined them up with the original application. So really, I don't know if those extra documents reached our file. It wouldn't hurt to ask a CIC agent over the phone the next time you call in - it's possible that the officer handling your file will make notes about receiving them.

As for the UCI, as the sponsor, I did receive a UCI with the AOR, however, my husband had his own UCI number from previous dealings with CIC for work and study permits over the years. So while we each have a UCI, I'm not sure if that's a normal thing for PR applications. However, I can see the information for both the sponsor and the applicant with my UCI as the sponsor. We did not receive another UCI with AIP but hubby's old UCI number was at the top of the work permit when it arrived. So it is possible that the applicant will get a UCI number if they requested an OWP with the application.

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Hubby and I sent in unrequested extra documents before Christmas. They arrived and were signed for December 6th, 2013. I had to call CIC concerning other questions but asked if our extra documents had been added up with our original application. The agent I was speaking to said that there were no notes on the file saying that they had received the extra documents though every piece of information included was labelled with the sponsor UCI, the applicants UCI and the case file #.

I called again last week (January 31st) to confirm that our AIP had been resent to the proper address (there was a mix up which saw the AIP email go to the old/wrong address they had on file for me) and I asked again about our extra documents. The agent said that he didn't see any notes on the file about the extra documents but that it didn't necessarily mean that the officer hadn't received them and joined them up with the original application. So really, I don't know if those extra documents reached our file. It wouldn't hurt to ask a CIC agent over the phone the next time you call in - it's possible that the officer handling your file will make notes about receiving them.

As for the UCI, as the sponsor, I did receive a UCI with the AOR, however, my husband had his own UCI number from previous dealings with CIC for work and study permits over the years. So while we each have a UCI, I'm not sure if that's a normal thing for PR applications. However, I can see the information for both the sponsor and the applicant with my UCI as the sponsor. We did not receive another UCI with AIP but hubby's old UCI number was at the top of the work permit when it arrived. So it is possible that the applicant will get a UCI number if they requested an OWP with the application.
Morning Mrs_Canucks!
Thanks for your detailed reply :)
Oh no, that sounds like its gonna take a while to match the documents :(
CIC just love to keep everyone on their toes, don't they?

Oh I have my own UCI from my visitor record and I know when my partner(sponsor) received the AOR, he was issued his own UCI and an Application Number (F000xxxxxxx) was given in that email..
So I began using that Application Number to label my additional info yesterday and suddenly the thought struck me that would that application number be for the sponsor's application and not for the applicant thats why I began freaking out lol :-\
Our application is still in step 1 and a few months more to AIP(hopefully) and I am sending in some additional info today for myself (applicant) so I've been stressing out haha

Oh well..just gonna keep my fingers crossed my documents dont get lost in the process and wish for the best! :p

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
red_gatsby said:
Morning Mrs_Canucks!
Thanks for your detailed reply :)
Oh no, that sounds like its gonna take a while to match the documents :(
CIC just love to keep everyone on their toes, don't they?

Oh I have my own UCI from my visitor record and I know when my partner(sponsor) received the AOR, he was issued his own UCI and an Application Number (F000xxxxxxx) was given in that email..
So I began using that Application Number to label my additional info yesterday and suddenly the thought struck me that would that application number be for the sponsor's application and not for the applicant thats why I began freaking out lol :-\
Our application is still in step 1 and a few months more to AIP(hopefully) and I am sending in some additional info today for myself (applicant) so I've been stressing out haha

Oh well..just gonna keep my fingers crossed my documents dont get lost in the process and wish for the best! :p
Yup, I was explaining the long and arduous process to a co-worker the other day when they asked how the process was going. :p They like to make us wait!

When I sent the documents I quoted the F000xxxxxxx file number that had been given to us with the AOR on the outside of the envelope. I believe that that is the file number for the application as a whole. As precaution, I wrote CIC a formal letter explaining why we were submitting extra documents that were not requested with the documents and included my UCI as the sponsor and my hubby's UCI to avoid any possible kind of mix up when they joined the extra documents with the original application. It was basically fool proof. I would think that it's highly unlikely that they'd mismatch the files if all the info was given to them.

:)

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Yup, I was explaining the long and arduous process to a co-worker the other day when they asked how the process was going. :p They like to make us wait!

When I sent the documents I quoted the F000xxxxxxx file number that had been given to us with the AOR on the outside of the envelope. I believe that that is the file number for the application as a whole. As precaution, I wrote CIC a formal letter explaining why we were submitting extra documents that were not requested with the documents and included my UCI as the sponsor and my hubby's UCI to avoid any possible kind of mix up when they joined the extra documents with the original application. It was basically fool proof. I would think that it's highly unlikely that they'd mismatch the files if all the info was given to them.

:)
Oh haha..nobody will ever understand the process and everything we're going through..
Everyone(even family members) kept asking why its taking so long etc but never seemed to be convinced that its been very stressful and never-ending..
They always look in awe when I explain the procedures and everything we had done for the application lol

Yeah I labelled the sponsor's name + UCI, applicant's name + UCI, file number on EVERYTHING and on the envelope itself haha..
I just hope all my documents get matched up before they process to step 2 ::)

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hi. I just sent in my police certificates too without them requesting them. I wrote a cover letter mentioning everything. The file number, the UCIs and ofc our names. But i didnt write anything on the certificates themselves. Should i be worried? :(

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
5hr3wd said:
Hi. I just sent in my police certificates too without them requesting them. I wrote a cover letter mentioning everything. The file number, the UCIs and ofc our names. But i didnt write anything on the certificates themselves. Should i be worried? :(
Hi 5hr3wd, same here..I labelled everything EXCEPT on the legal documents itself but I do have a piece of paper clipped to it stating the file num/UCI/names..
I sent in additional pics + receipts + other stuffs so mine was quite a lot of papers so might be confusing..
But I dont think you should be worried since you stated your info in the cover letter..
I guess we should just relax and dont over think cause it does really give us a lot of unwarranted stress haha
Lets hope everything goes well & our additional documents get matched up! ;D

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
red_gatsby said:
Hi 5hr3wd, same here..I labelled everything EXCEPT on the legal documents itself but I do have a piece of paper clipped to it stating the file num/UCI/names..
I sent in additional pics + receipts + other stuffs so mine was quite a lot of papers so might be confusing..
But I dont think you should be worried since you stated your info in the cover letter..
I guess we should just relax and dont over think cause it does really give us a lot of unwarranted stress haha
Lets hope everything goes well & our additional documents get matched up! ;D

Yeah you're right! I hope they get matched up before they actually finalize it. So they can at least have the chance to give us DM at the same time as AIP :p

But it's time to relax, wait and watch now :D *fingers crossed*