+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fiance living in Costa Rica From Nicaragua- Do I have a chance?!?!?

sugarbells

Dec 8, 2008
Hello!
I lived in Costa Rica this year for 6 months and have met the man I am planning on marrying. Our plan is to live in Costa Rica however I would like my family and friends to meet him before we marry.

I was in contact with a lawyer (very quickly over the phone) of a friends family. She told me that I had no chance to get him here as he's a signle male from Costa Rica and that she wouldn't even waste my time in applying.

Is there anyone out there who has dealt with Costa Rica or Nicaragua???
We are going to go ahead and apply next month and from research I know some of the following tips;
- don't apply for a full 6 months
- was thinking of sending the invitation letter from my brother rather than me so that it's not an obvious "love" request.
- he has children- will this make a difference for his proving that he will return?
- he has property however it's not in his name. Would it be worth it to change this before applying?

Really any advice would be helpful. This will be our first time applying for a visa and I need as much help as possible. Anything! Him coming here to meet my family is so important!
Thank you in advance for ANY information!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the lawyer told you that you have very little chance, she is probably speaking from experience. You can try it anyway. At worst you'd be denied and then you are back where you started.

sugarbells

Dec 8, 2008
The lawyer didn't know any facts or details about our situation. She only told me not to bother based on teh one fact that he was a single male from Costa Rica and that it's just that hard to get a visa to come to Canada from Costa Rica. Does your statement still hold true that she's probably right?!?!?!

We're applying within the next month or so, just desperate to get an idea whether we have a chance in hell or not.

Thanks so much!