+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fiance an American

J

joevegas

Hi,just curious on how to go about getting my fiance,who is an American citizen to Immigrate here to Canada,I am a Canadian citizen,would the best way be for her to come to Canada,we get married then she returns to the US..I then apply to have her here with me as a spouse,would that be the best way?....Is It a difficult process,and how long does it take,we both have good jobs,make half decent money..will it be a hard process?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get married and apply. She can go back to the US or stay with you or come and go. The average processing time through the US is supposed to be around 7 months but there's been a couple of people here who got it in 3 and for sure there are also some that take longer. In any case, at the end of that, she would get permanent residency and then she can move to Canada and look for a job, register for health care etc.

The biggest hurdle you face with a sponsorship application is proving that your relationship is real. You need some good quality proof like your correspondance with each other, copies of phonebills, printouts of emails and chat logs if you have them, photos of you together etc.

J

joevegas

That should be no problem,we've been together 8 years,we see each other 3-4 times a year for weeks at a time...hundreds of vacation photos...talk on messenger and phone 3-4 times a day..Think we're ready to get married:)...Thanks for your response..

Rogal

Feb 22, 2010
This is more of a question, than a reply. Does it matter where you get married? Will it be faster to get married in Canada or could you get married in the States?