+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions about Immigration to Canada

murali4

Mar 8, 2009
Hello every one,

I would like to apply for Canadian PR as a Federal Skilled worker. I have most of my forms complete but still have some questions, Please help me

1. Where does someone send his application . I was told that it should be sent to buffalo ,NY . But was confused if it is to be sent else where in canada.
2.What will be the process once I send my applications ? could some one elaborate on this
3.At what stage during the process do I attend an interview with the visa officer
4. I see the amount to be sent in Canadian Dollar , how do i Confirm the exact amount in USD. I mean an offical place to look that up before sending my application.
5. I travel places as part of my work and so don't have a permanent resident address in USA. How do i handle this....Do you suggest me give my present address and later update it accordingly?
6. I don't have my IELTS scores as of now , was planning to take it once I send my application . will this work?
What do I fill for now . In case I write a letter support my english proficiency ,could someone help me with a format/content

I am from india and my native language is non-english .But my entire education was in english.
7. Regarding the Two envelopes I send the immigration office . Can I send both of them in english as my education is in english ? Coz I dont' rarely send mails in my native language, though I consider myself proficient. let me know

Thanks for your patience reading this :) seems a long one........

murali

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1) sydney NS
2) wait until they tell you to send the documentation to your visa office
3) later after the visa office process starts and only if they ask you for one
4) dont worry aobut how much it is in USD, you have to get it in CAD, ask any bank for it. Dont send it in USD
5) no, you would have to give all your addresses as far as i understand.
6) yes

if you are applying alone, there are 4 forms to be filled. Forgot the names of the forms.
7) Since you are applying from buffalo, the address labels must be in english (both). Note this is not an envelope but address labels.