+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions about EE

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI

Am planning to apply for PR. Am done with my PG Diploma Course in addition to my Bachelors. I also have 3 years work experience in the same NOC. i have few questions on the process

1. While creating the express entry profile, i need to know what are all the documents that are required to justify my completion of PG Diploma. I have me graduation letter right now. Please help me on this.

2. I have a job offer now. I have been working for the past one week. I still have not applied for my PGWP as i dint receive my official transcripts yet. When i apply for PGWP i will be getting it for a year. What can be the process of extending the PGWP after a year. Should i need LMIA to extend? Is there anything that the employer can do? I need to know the complete process. ( This is my alternate option if i don't succeed in getting a PR)

3. Also In come to canada, when i select about job offer, should i say i have a job offer or should i say no? I don't have LMIA for this job. This is the biggest confusion i have right now.

Thanks in advance

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
sunitha1689 said:
HI

Am planning to apply for PR. Am done with my PG Diploma Course in addition to my Bachelors. I also have 3 years work experience in the same NOC. i have few questions on the process

1. While creating the express entry profile, i need to know what are all the documents that are required to justify my completion of PG Diploma. I have me graduation letter right now. Please help me on this.

You'd need your Diploma and transcript, and your WES evaluation copy of your bachelors (I am assuming, its foreign)

2. I have a job offer now. I have been working for the past one week. I still have not applied for my PGWP as i dint receive my official transcripts yet. When i apply for PGWP i will be getting it for a year. What can be the process of extending the PGWP after a year. Should i need LMIA to extend? Is there anything that the employer can do? I need to know the complete process. ( This is my alternate option if i don't succeed in getting a PR)

Yes, you'd need LMIA as PGWP cannot be extended in any other way. If you have AOR by that time, you can also apply for BOWP- Bridging Open Work Permit.

3. Also In come to canada, when i select about job offer, should i say i have a job offer or should i say no? I don't have LMIA for this job. This is the biggest confusion i have right now.

Say NO as Job offer is for LMIA based work.

Thanks in advance
But apart from this, See if your qualify for FSW. If you do, see how many points you can claim; current trend is 480's.

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Hey crazydesifool, Do you know under the "Primary Occupation" tab, should I use the NOC of my current job in Canada (my previous jobs fall within other NOCs)? Is this relevant for CEC or is it only for FSW? I am tailoring my profile for CEC, so would it really matter what NOC is entered under this section?

Thanks!
Mohamed

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
mahmou21 said:
Hey crazydesifool, Do you know under the "Primary Occupation" tab, should I use the NOC of my current job in Canada (my previous jobs fall within other NOCs)? Is this relevant for CEC or is it only for FSW? I am tailoring my profile for CEC, so would it really matter what NOC is entered under this section?

Thanks!
Mohamed
If your current job in canada is under NOC O, A, B criteria and you've worked for more than a year in it, you can select this as your primary NOC. Make a note, CIC will base your application on your primary NOC (they will verify and cross check if you've met CEC criteria). As for your previous job, I am assuming its foreign experience.. ? so you can claim points for it but yes, make sure it falls under NOC O, A, B

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
crazydesifool said:
If your current job in canada is under NOC O, A, B criteria and you've worked for more than a year in it, you can select this as your primary NOC. Make a note, CIC will base your application on your primary NOC (they will verify and cross check if you've met CEC criteria). As for your previous job, I am assuming its foreign experience.. ? so you can claim points for it but yes, make sure it falls under NOC O, A, B
My current job is NOC A, and I have worked more than a year in it. My previous jobs are foreign experience yes, and they also fall under NOC A.

My question is whether this is relevant or not in the first place? If I understand this correctly, the primary NOC is for federal streams (FSW) not for CEC. I am tailoring my profile to fit under CEC and I am confused how the primary occupation play a role in here.

Would be great if you can explain.

Thanks again.

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

So, at this stage I can't differentiate between applying for CEC or FSW? Do I know once I submit the profile or when I get ITA?

Also, in the application details section EE profile, should I just choose the province that I currently live and work in or mark all?

Finally, in the education history section, should I just add my Canadian education only and don't add my other education since they are not ECA'd? Or should I add them anyway?

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
dan_and said:
Some seriously incorrect information in the previous post - allow me to correct.

If your EE profile qualifies for both CEC and FSW, CIC will choose under which program to send you an ITA. Previously, the default was always FSW. There was talk about changing the default to CEC - unsure if this has happened yet.

The way to force the decision towards CEC is to make your profile deliberately ineligible under FSW. The easiest way to do so is to indicate you would bring zero funds to Canada.

As mentioned before, this is more important for provincial nominations. No harm in selecting all of them.

If your Canadian education is a Master's degree or better, there is no need to get an ECA because you would not get more points. You can still mention your foreign education for completeness, but make sure you truthfully answer the questions that you don't have an ECA for this.

You can also choose to leave out your foreign education altogether, which may reduce the amount of documents you have to upload later.
Thanks for correcting my info ;)

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Thanks guys! Big thank you to dan_and - this is exactly what I was looking for.

I am indicating that I will bring 10K (<13K) to Canada. So this should still force my profile under CEC stream.

My Canadian education is a PhD, so I will not add my previous education as it doesn't change much- less work.

I am only selecting the province where I live and work now.

Again, thanks for your help.

M

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
I have no problem showing 10K in my bank account. Does it affect anything indicating 0 or 10?
It just looks odd to me to enter 0- (not based on any information).

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Sounds good! I just did that and I only met the criteria for CEC. Thanks again for the very useful tips.