+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Confusions for Express Entry Application

lonelyheartz

Jul 28, 2015
Hi All,

I am really happy to find this forum..its been a great help and helped me to get answers for lots of my queries.

i still have some confusions that i haven't get any specific answers yet, so i am going to explain my situations a bit.

Here is my situations:

I have a masters degree in management science and engineering and a bachelor degree in electrical engineering and automation.

All of my work experiences are related to IT and computer.

As i checked you get more points if you have masters degree but my question is :

1. as all of my work experiences are related to IT and more to my bachelor degree not my masters degree...can i use my masters degree as my highest level education to get the points for highest level of education?

2. if i do so will it effect my work experience points? as none of them are related to my masters degree?

3. i have six months of work experience during my study of my bachelor degree..can i still claim points for that 6 months as i am afraid that cic might refuge that because i didn't have my degree while i was working.

Thanks in advance for your help and really appreciate all of your feedback.

Cheers!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonelyheartz said:
Hi All,

I am really happy to find this forum..its been a great help and helped me to get answers for lots of my queries.

i still have some confusions that i haven't get any specific answers yet, so i am going to explain my situations a bit.

Here is my situations:

I have a masters degree in management science and engineering and a bachelor degree in electrical engineering and automation.

All of my work experiences are related to IT and computer.

As i checked you get more points if you have masters degree but my question is :

1. as all of my work experiences are related to IT and more to my bachelor degree not my masters degree...can i use my masters degree as my highest level education to get the points for highest level of education?

Yes. Education and work experience need not always be related.

2. if i do so will it effect my work experience points? as none of them are related to my masters degree?

Not at all.

3. i have six months of work experience during my study of my bachelor degree..can i still claim points for that 6 months as i am afraid that cic might refuge that because i didn't have my degree while i was working.

It is valid to include that experience if it was acquired outside Canada. Most probably,that experience would get you 3 months of equivalent full-time work experience provided you worked at least 15 hours/week.

Thanks in advance for your help and really appreciate all of your feedback.

Cheers!

lonelyheartz

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac..its a great help..Just curious about that 6 months job experience..even though it was a part time job but i still did 40 hrs/week..will you think, it will still be counted as 3 months in total?

Thanks in advance..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonelyheartz said:
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac..its a great help..Just curious about that 6 months job experience..even though it was a part time job but i still did 40 hrs/week..will you think, it will still be counted as 3 months in total?

Thanks in advance..
That's more than what CIC counts towards full-time work! The problem with this is that you can't claim simultaneously claim 2 full-time activities. If you claim 6 months of part-time work as 6 entire months of work then you can't claim any other educational/professional activity as full-time during the same period.