+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker

yogeshgund

Jun 16, 2017
I have submitted my profile under federal skilled worker category, and I have a job offer which I have taken up and am currently working. Also my EE profile has been accepted but does not show the points I should have received for a job offer. What could be the reason the job offer points are not added to my submitted profile ? and what do I need to do to get them added.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What kind of work permit do you have?

How long have you been working for your employer?

Do you have LMIA?

yogeshgund

Jun 16, 2017
I have an open work permit and have been working at this job since 15th May 2017. I do not have LMIA and when I asked my employer about it, I was told it wasnt required. Also, I remember seeing my current job in the list for 'Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligible Occupations' online. I would also ike to add here my current role comes under NOC code 2282 and my last job before coming to Canada is under NOC code 2281. Please elaborate on the eligibility for the points allocated for a job offer. I am currently working for a consulting company and the client is one of top 5 banks of Canada.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an open work permit and have been working at this job since 15th May 2017. I do not have LMIA and when I asked my employer about it, I was told it wasnt required. Also, I remember seeing my current job in the list for 'Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligible Occupations' online. I would also ike to add here my current role comes under NOC code 2282 and my last job before coming to Canada is under NOC code 2281. Please elaborate on the eligibility for the points allocated for a job offer. I am currently working for a consulting company and the client is one of top 5 banks of Canada.
You do not have a valid job offer so you won't get any points. If you do get LMIA you'll get 50 points.

With your current work permit you'll get points for your Canadian work experience when you complete X years of work experience but none for a valid job offer.

yogeshgund

Jun 16, 2017
Thanks for your response, can you also please elaborate on what are the requirements for a valid job offer and how can I change that ? Is it all dependant upon having an LMIA ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp