+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2022 applicant here. My SP application has been in progress for more than 13 weeks.

chocomatcha

Nov 5, 2021
My timeline is in my signature.

I’m from the Philippines so it's being processed here. I applied for a student permit through regular stream back in Feb for Fall 2022 intake and it's been over 100 days and no result yet!

I think my application is pretty good. I have 0 family in Canada and have home ties here. I presented at least $100k CAD in my POF (mine and my parents as sponsors). I’m planning to stay in a dorm there (isn’t that enough proof I’m gonna actually study?). I’m in my late 20s with a few years of work experience. My GIC has $20k CAD. My program is an upgrade for my career too so I genuinely want to study.

I resigned after applying to take a break (my job was miserable) and I updated IRCC via web form but I got a template reply stating they don't need additional docs. According to other applicants I've asked, some resigned right after applying but still got approved so I didn't think this would cause any problems.

My SOP is good, I even started helping other applicants with their SOPs. Filipinos have this self-run FB group for SP applicants, they started messaging me asking for help so I obliged. They applied LATER than me in March-April through regular stream too and they already got their approvals in like 30 days! I’m happy for the but I’m in such pain when they thank me for getting them approved while mine isn’t here yet. These approved applicants, a lot of them had red flags or just barely had enough funds yet they still got approved. I'm just baffled by what's going on with mine.

I ordered GCMS notes twice and both times it said my application still needed to be reviewed. (The last GCMS notes came on June 2). I don’t know if I’ll make it to Fall 2022 intake anymore. I know I can defer but I’ve read articles that because of the backlog, some applicants are waiting almost 1-2 years for a permit :(

I’m already at the point where I’m just like ‘if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Can’t force it. I just wanna move on with my life.’ I'll probably look for a new job if the result isn't here by this month. I'm HOPING the timeline is I'll get the PRR in June and have the entire month of July to get my passport stamped, then leave by August.

I know there’s really no way to expedite besides the Webform. I’ve been sending updates through it like following up because it's beyond 13 weeks already. Once I included relevant additional docs (that were not included in my application but they weren’t required).

Is anyone else in a similar position? How's your application going? What're your plans moving forward?

Last edited: