+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI finger print request for Citizenship application

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello guys,

I stayed in US before moving to Canada. I visited US around 45 days not consequently while I was Canadian resident. I was in US for more than 183 days in last 5 years but it was before becoming PR. The explanation I added as below.

Country of origin. Lived in United States of America for more than 183 days continuously before becoming Permanent resident of Canada. Police certificate submitted with PR application.
I am not sure If I had to add my old FBI PCC to the application.

I still got PCC request for USA. I just don't want to go back and forth and waste time. I just want to get the PCC and submit it.

My question is, can I just go to USPS in Buffalo, submit fingerprint and get FBI PCC? I am not US resident. Just visiting to submit fingerprints FBI PCC. Is it allowed the I enter US, get PCC and come back to Canada and submit it to IRCC? Or should be outside USA while obtaining latest US PCC?

Edit: Never mind. I need US passport/US drivers license for that. Will have to go with paper fingerprinting. Not sure why I was requested this.

· You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
· You didn’t upload a police certificate (wrong or blank document uploaded).
To fix this issue
· Upload the correct police certificate

Last edited: