+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father entry as a visitor

prajzkumar0489@

Nov 8, 2023
Hi there, i want to apply for my father visitor visa. In past my father was diagnosed with oral cancer and now he is fully cancer free, but he is on tracheotomy and on peg tube. He can do all of his activities by its own. I have a question is it possible to call my parents here in canada on visitor visa or is he able to travel in airplane"?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A visitor doesn’t take a medical. He applies and shows his own funds, travel history and ties to return. If approved then get health insurance. Can he travel on an airplane…that is the question for him?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As per doctors he is fit enough to travel on airplane but with special requirements in plane for his suction tube
He also risks being denied entry on arrival because of his medical needs even if he gets a TRV. He is unlikely to qualify for travel medical insurance related to trach, tube feeding. Will he be travelling with all his trach supplies? Feeds? How long do they want to stay? If he does get a TRV would suggest short visit of 1-2 weeks with all his supplies and proof of return ticket would give him the best chance. Where he is from and his ties to his home country and how much savings he has can also be a factor for approval and entry.