+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family stream file number

salmanmakhani

Aug 3, 2008
i have applied for ainp family stream more than a month back but still havnt heard from them. they have mentioned that they will provide the file number to sponsor if they accept application other wise they will return the complete set.

but till now we have not got any response from them. neither file number nor any feedback. any idea how much time does it take?

thanks,

salman

paulie

Oct 7, 2008
Hi! Hope this helps...my family in alberta filed our application 1st week of August and we just got the file number today (Oct 7,2008) almost 2 months after. A letter was sent to my family and we were instructed that assesment would take at least 12mons, other say its only 6mons....

Goodluck!!!

avin

Aug 1, 2008
hello paulie
my sponsor has just apllied on 15th Sept. that means file no. will be sent by 15th Nov.at this pace
By "Others" what u mean?....
plz remain in touch

thanks

paulie

Oct 7, 2008
Hi Avin,

I just got info that according to a friend who called the Edmonton office that the max processing for the AINP family stream is 6mons. However, from the letter they sent to sponsors it says at least 6-12mons processing time...I guess they are just playing safe. Also, my friend was told that they have not yet met the 600 quota for this stream as of todate ...good news right?!!!

Another thing, AINP is already sending out letters to those who made an incomplete submission of documents....NO file number is given to them. So I guess at this point its just a matter of sending them a COMPLETE documents to avoid the hassle of resending documents.

Hope this information helps you...and GOODLUCK!!!

salmanmakhani

Aug 3, 2008
hi paulie, thanks for your reply.

i got the response from AINP on 22nd october (application was given on 5th august) . They returned my application and asked for more documents.

we resubmitted the application with documents on 7th october.

regards,

salman

avin

Aug 1, 2008
Thanks Paulie and Salman for info
that means that somebody's application is not in the queue till u get file no. and
i think .....................if unluckily your application lacked some document, the date of completed application will be our new date, as we don't pay any fees for this process.
My sponsor was telling me that the attorneys/consultants have made fast bucks at launch of this Family stream program, as they applied as early as possible (since there was no fees to be paid) and nowdays majority of applications are being returned by AINP due to lack of docs or bit stricter norms
Also, thats why this small no. 600 is not reached yet.

or U differ from my opinion (do reply............... this will keep us in touch)

.......regards

paulie

Oct 7, 2008
Hi Avin/Salman

I think the key in submitting the requirements is to follow (to the letter) the documents stated in the ainp website...to much or too little can result to return of documents. The FAQ is very helpful when we were just preparing our documents.

Your right Avin...I do not see the point of getting a consultant or a third party if you have already the documents needed...But I guess they can provide the guidance needed by someone who is busy to prepare and evaluate the required documents.

Lets keep in touch.....

funnygirl

Oct 16, 2008
Please need help
I had sporonsed in 2006 my parent under cic. So now can i sporonsed my younger brother under AINP parogram

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call the AINP and ask. If your parents file is not finalized yet, maybe there is a problem. Also if you have enough income to sponsor all of them.

funnygirl

Oct 16, 2008
In June 2008. I got letter from CIC my parent file tranfer to delhi India. My parent need sumbit all supporting docuement and they did. My brother put up file dec. 2007 under skill worker. He has enough point. I put up my brother file under AINP program in end of July 2008. And i got letter from AINP its reject Topic is Duplicate Application
It has determined that a sponsorship application was submitted by another individual from the same address. There can only be one ongoing sponsorship commitment per household at a time. A second sponsorship could only be considered once the initial sponsorship commitment has been fulfilled.

I am not getting this statement. I try couple time to reach AINP pepole but they are not quiet clear. I am totaly confused. where to go please help me

Leon said:
Call the AINP and ask. If your parents file is not finalized yet, maybe there is a problem. Also if you have enough income to sponsor all of them.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So basically, if your brothers sponsorship was stopped because of duplicate file, you can not sponsor your brother until your parents file is finalized.

funnygirl

Oct 16, 2008
Please read this statement again. then you realise they people use word" another individual from same address". what is the meaning of another individual. threr is only me for both my brother and my parent.
I try couple time to AINP program people. but they don't have this letter's reference copy in their system. and there is no body sing on this letter. so now they are not sure this is general letter or .....

Leon said:
So basically, if your brothers sponsorship was stopped because of duplicate file, you can not sponsor your brother until your parents file is finalized.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be a form letter. The AINP FAQ has a question about having two sponsorships at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/familystreamfaqs.html#10

I would like to sponsor my brother; my wife would like to sponsor her parents. Can we submit two family stream applications to the AINP?

No. There can only be one ongoing sponsorship commitment per household at a time. A second sponsorship could only be considered once the initial sponsorship commitment has been fulfilled.

So your parents application has to be fulfilled before you can sponsor your brother. You will have to ask the AINP when your parents application is considered to be fulfilled. Is it when they arrive here as PR or is it 10 years later when your sponsorship obligation to them ends.

You should call the AINP and ask at:

Alberta Foreign Worker Information Hotline
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST)
Toll-free within Alberta: 1.877.427-6419
Outside Alberta: 780.427-6419

funnygirl

Oct 16, 2008
I try to ask every possiblity. they don't know. when i try different time different agent give different answer.

Leon said:
It could be a form letter. The AINP FAQ has a question about having two sponsorships at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/familystreamfaqs.html#10

I would like to sponsor my brother; my wife would like to sponsor her parents. Can we submit two family stream applications to the AINP?

No. There can only be one ongoing sponsorship commitment per household at a time. A second sponsorship could only be considered once the initial sponsorship commitment has been fulfilled.

So your parents application has to be fulfilled before you can sponsor your brother. You will have to ask the AINP when your parents application is considered to be fulfilled. Is it when they arrive here as PR or is it 10 years later when your sponsorship obligation to them ends.

You should call the AINP and ask at:

Alberta Foreign Worker Information Hotline
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST)
Toll-free within Alberta: 1.877.427-6419
Outside Alberta: 780.427-6419