+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship Undertaking Form - Relationship Docs

itsbecca

Dec 1, 2023
On the undertaking form (Family Class A-0546-GF) for common-law marriages it lists proofs of living together as: lease/home ownership, joint bank account, joint utility bills.
We have a least but neither of the others. His bank is a regional credit union (US), mine is a credit union for military or family of military only. Our apartment is inclusive of all bills.

I can't find any info from MIFI specifically, only the IRCC list. Has anyone been successful with other documents? My current thought is including the relationship documents we sent to the IRCC (proof of shared address, public relationship, financial support/shared expenses, supporting photos, etc.) and perhaps adding in a sworn declaration for extra validity?

Two other tiny questions to ease my anxiety on the undertaking form it asks for Nom de famille après mariage y Autres nom(s) ou prénom(s). I am divorced. I left the first blank and put my prior married name under the second. Is that correct? Also, I don't see anywhere that it asks for my divorce decree, but I think I should send it to be safe?

Additionally, for "d’obtention de la résidence permanente ou de la citoyenneté canadienne," Is this only people not born a citizen? I'm a citizen born abroad, so I do have a date I received my certificate, but technically speaking I have been a citizen since birth.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!