+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family members on initial application

jimimd

Nov 16, 2008
I'm applying as a Pediatrician under Fed Skilled Worker Class----the application requests info on "dependent Children"---both of my children are no longer "dependent" [28 &26]--and they are not included in the application for permanent residency--just my wife and I.Do I still have to do all the paperwork for them?Do I have to do all the FBI and local background checks for them? At first I thought not BUT then I read on page 22 of the application......"You must list all family members,whether the wish to be considered in this application for perm.residence or not" ---otherwise we would not be able to sponser them in the future etc. THANKS Jim

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jimimd said:
I'm applying as a Pediatrician under Fed Skilled Worker Class----the application requests info on "dependent Children"---both of my children are no longer "dependent" [28 &26]--and they are not included in the application for permanent residency--just my wife and I.Do I still have to do all the paperwork for them?Do I have to do all the FBI and local background checks for them? At first I thought not BUT then I read on page 22 of the application......"You must list all family members,whether the wish to be considered in this application for perm.residence or not" ---otherwise we would not be able to sponser them in the future etc. THANKS Jim
1. Go back read the instructions and the forms again.
2. Only persons emigrating and eligible dependents require PCCs , yours are not dependents, so would only be listed on you and your wifes IMM 5406.

PMM