+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family group visa rejected. Can apply individually?

luuisa204

Aug 12, 2019
I invited my best friend to the Taylor Swift concert in December.
We've been planning this trip for a year

He applied for his visa with his family, through a legal representative. But they application was rejected

We're all Colombian. They have traveled a lot as a family and hold US visas.
But they didn't submit any documents showing ties to Colombia, financial information, etc.
They trusted the representative and he didn't ask for that information.

We're thinking of sending an individual application. Of course with all the information about his current job, financial information, etc

Would that make a difference? Should I write an invitation letter?
I have my PR and currently applying for citizenship.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Who is the family group and ages? If your friend is applying he must show ties to return (job letter, spouse/children, business, income proprty etc) and funds (cash in the bank). You can provide letter of invitation on why he wants to visit Canada.

Reactions: luuisa204

luuisa204

Aug 12, 2019
Thanks for your reply! It's mom, dad and 2 sons.
I think one of the problems is that the sons are 27 and 30.

For some reason the representative asked for all sorts of documentation about their education and family but none about their business and financial back up.

They wanted to surprise me coming all together, and not just my best friend. So I didn't know about the application details until now

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply! It's mom, dad and 2 sons.
I think one of the problems is that the sons are 27 and 30.

For some reason the representative asked for all sorts of documentation about their education and family but none about their business and financial back up.

They wanted to surprise me coming all together, and not just my best friend. So I didn't know about the application details until now
So sons apply separately as they are not dependants of parents. The sons each need to show their own funds, travel history, ties to return and reasons to travel. Ties to return are spouse/child, job letter with approved leave, businesses etc. If the sons are single there is higher chance of refusal.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123