+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAMILY EMERGENCY TRAVEL TO INDIA ON MAINTAIN STATUS

Shriji2902

Jul 25, 2019
I hope this message finds @Miss bee well. I am writing to seek guidance regarding my current immigration status and urgent travel plans.
I arrived in Canada as a student in 2019 and subsequently obtained a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which expired on September 11, 2024. I applied for a work permit extension based on my spouse on August 7, 2024(My husband is PGWP holder). My husband and I work in TEER 1 occupations (I am an IT Analyst, and he is a Mechanical Engineer). Also, We got a PNP nomination on 9th September and have submitted our file on 11th September.

Due to a family emergency, I need to travel to India as soon as possible to support my father, who requires psychological support as confirmed by his doctor. Also, I will need to submit my work permit to my employer.

I have several questions regarding my situation:
If I travel to India and return to Canada while my application for the work permit extension is still being processed, I will have to come as a Visitor, which would prevent me from working.
Would flagpoling be a viable option for me to get a work permit before I leave canada? What steps should I take if I choose this route?

Last edited: