+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family details: Will accompany you to Canada? (IRCC Portal for Visit Visa)

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Hi,

My sister is a Bangladeshi citizen residing in the UK with "Indefinite Right to Remain" status as her husband and children are British Citizens. She is filling up her visitor visa application for Canada through the IRCC portal. Her spouse and children don't need visa as they hold British passports and they have "Electronic Travel Authorization" to enter Canada. In the spouse and children entry form, they ask the following:

1. Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada? (required) Answer yes even if your spouse will join you later in Canada.
  2. If the child is not in Canada, will they accompany you to Canada? (required)
I am confused because I interpret the question as whether they will be applying for visa at the same time whereas they don't need a visa.

Should the answer be "yes" to both of the questions because they will be travelling to Canada in the same flight for summer holidays? or "no" because "accompanying" means applying for a visa in the same application?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: ruhgyu

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
You can answer all questions and see what's the end result. I assume if you say "yes" to above questions, you will be asked to add more information such as citizenship and passport details of children and spouse. System should calculate if anybody is visa exempt. Just a suggestion as I have no expertise in this area.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My sister is a Bangladeshi citizen residing in the UK with "Indefinite Right to Remain" status as her husband and children are British Citizens. She is filling up her visitor visa application for Canada through the IRCC portal. Her spouse and children don't need visa as they hold British passports and they have "Electronic Travel Authorization" to enter Canada. In the spouse and children entry form, they ask the following:

1. Will your spouse/common-law partner accompany you to Canada? (required) Answer yes even if your spouse will join you later in Canada.
  2. If the child is not in Canada, will they accompany you to Canada? (required)
I am confused because I interpret the question as whether they will be applying for visa at the same time whereas they don't need a visa.

Should the answer be "yes" to both of the questions because they will be travelling to Canada in the same flight for summer holidays? or "no" because "accompanying" means applying for a visa in the same application?

Thank you in advance.
Yes to both questions. Just take it as a suggestion.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
You can answer all questions and see what's the end result. I assume if you say "yes" to above questions, you will be asked to add more information such as citizenship and passport details of children and spouse. System should calculate if anybody is visa exempt. Just a suggestion as I have no expertise in this area.
I tried experimenting, doesn't ask for passports etc.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
I answered "yes" to the question and attached her spouse and kids British passports and also mentioned in the purpose of travel letter and invitation letter that they are exempt from visa. She submitted her biometrics today, let's see what's the decision in the next couple of months.