+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failure to send deferral LOA to IRCC after late student visa approval

AKEH

Oct 11, 2024
Please help!!! I applied for Master's in Canada. School has already resume before i (and my family) got visas. I contacted the school if i can make it once the visa is in. The school ask i defer.
The school sent me a new LOA but i did not know i would have to webform it to IRCC. My visa is still valid as at time of entry and i have a copy of the new LOA. A year school fees paid. I intend to enter Canada and apply for study permit extension. Please What happens to me at the border? Would i be allowed to enter Canada? or would i be returned home? Would border officers help updating IRCC themselves on my situation? Please help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please help!!! I applied for Master's in Canada. School has already resume before i (and my family) got visas. I contacted the school if i can make it once the visa is in. The school ask i defer.
The school sent me a new LOA but i did not know i would have to webform it to IRCC. My visa is still valid as at time of entry and i have a copy of the new LOA. A year school fees paid. I intend to enter Canada and apply for study permit extension. Please What happens to me at the border? Would i be allowed to enter Canada? or would i be returned home? Would border officers help updating IRCC themselves on my situation? Please help.
You need to send your updated LOA to IRCC

AKEH

Oct 11, 2024
Thank you for the response. My fear is that if I send my Updated LOA to IRCC they would go back to scrutinize my application again... or the officer who may handle my notification this time round may ask i do a new application since the date on my new LOA is no longer the same with the Visa issued in my passport now. Remember they issue this current visa based on the first LOA. It a lot of work getting here already. Please, ARE MY FEARS OR SPECULATIONS TRUELY VALID? OR NOTHING LIKE THAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I UPDATE THEM. Thank you in advance for the reply.