+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed Refugee Claimant's Biomatric Informations

Balazona

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys,
I need to know that how long failed refugee claimant's fingerprints and other informations are being kept with Immigration Canada or RCMP records???
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They are kept indefinitely.

Reactions: Jimmy4u

Balazona

Jun 16, 2016
Thanks scylla for the reply.
I little confused because of informations i got from Canadian Immigration website.
I am just gonna copying and paste for your opinion.
Here it,
"In land Canada Asylum"
Retention and Disposal Standards: Information described in this bank is retained for 10 years after the issuance of a permanent resident document (e.g., permanent resident card) or for two years after the last administrative action on the file, whichever is later.

Records that have been designated as having archival or historical value will be transferred to Library and Archives Canada (LAC).

Biometric information is stored by the RCMP of behalf of IRCC and retained for fifteen years from the time of the most recent biometric collection. That information is systematically destroyed after 15 years or upon granting of Canadian Citizenship.

Biometric information attached to an individual who has been deemed inadmissible under sections 34 through 37 of the IRPA will be retained until the individual has reached the age of 100.

Notes: The information described in this bank is stored electronically in the x system.

Individuals requesting information described in this bank must provide their name, date of birth and place of birth.

As part of a series of reforms to Canada’s refugee protection system, Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (or PRRA) functions will be transferred from IRCC to the Refugee Protection Division of the IRB. Transferring the responsibility for PRRA applications to the IRB will consolidate most all decision-making in relation to risk assessments into a single organization. IRCC will retain the authority to process PRRA applications from individuals inadmissible on grounds of security, a violation of human rights, organized crime, serious criminality, or claims excluded under Article 1F of the Refugee Convention. The transfer of PRRA responsibilities from IRCC to the IRB is expected to be completed two years after the coming into force of Canada’s new asylum system (estimated December 2016).

RDA Number: 2006/004
Related Record Number: CIC ASB 008
TBS Registration: 005188
Bank Number: CIC PPU 009

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The first few statements don't apply to failed refugee claimants. They apply to individuals who become PRs and citizens.

Balazona

Jun 16, 2016
scylla said:
The first few statements don't apply to failed refugee claimants. They apply to individuals who become PRs and citizens.
Thanks again scylla. I really appreciate your help and time.
So, what opportunities failed refugee claimants have to apply for skilled worker class immigration after going back to their home countries?
Actually, my cousin who applied refugee claim in 2002 and was being refused in 2004.he left Canada without notifing immigration Canada. Now he wanna apply through skilled worker class immigration from back home. What he needs to do?