+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Stay in process - can we travel out of Canada and re-enter? VISA?

kashinath

Jan 22, 2016
Can a VISITOR VISA be applied from India, while an Extension of Stay application IMM5708 is in process (submitted for a minor dependant on Work Permit holder) - IMM5708 was submitted from Canada.

We came to Canada on a Work Permit. My daughter (6 years Old) was issued a Study permit and all of us are currently in Canada.
Me, mywife and my daughter all are Indian Passport holders.

My daughter's passport was expiring in Nov 2015 when her VISA and Study permit was issued and therefore both VISA and Study permit were issued until Nov 2015. Her VISA/StudyPermit got expired in Nov 2015.

While the study permit expired on 29th Nov 2015, we applied for an extension of her stay (IMM5708) on Nov 04, 2015 after getting a new passport for her.
That application is still under process.

Because she is still in Canada, she is under Implied Status.

We are planning for a trip to India and are concerned if my daughter needs a new VISA before she can re-enter Canada, we plan to apply that VISA while we will be in India (from Delhi).

Some questions:
a) Can we apply a new VISA for her after coming to India, while another application (extension of stay application IMM5708 which we submitted while we were in Canada) is in process.
Will there be any impact, will the two applications interfere?

b) What VISA category we will need to apply for her in this situation, will that be a Visitor Visa or Dependant VISA that can allow her a re-entry into Canada? Me and my wife are on Work Permits valid until April 2017. Our intention will be that our daughter should be able to enter back into Canada with us.

Please let us know.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,