+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension in Passport submission request due to pregnancy of wife

A afzal

Jul 14, 2014
Dear fellows,
I have done medical for PR visa.My wife is pregnant.can any one help me to find the answer of the question that if cic sent me passport submission request after medical clearance would I be able to defer or get an extension of passport submission up till delivery and addition of newborn to my file?

Thanks

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
A afzal said:
Dear fellows,
I have done medical for PR visa.My wife is pregnant.can any one help me to find the answer of the question that if cic sent me passport submission request after medical clearance would I be able to defer or get an extension of passport submission up till delivery and addition of newborn to my file?

Thanks
Yes CIC will do that , however it will delay your process for an year or so.

Another option is (if there is enough time to your wife s delivery) that as soon as you get your PPR , try to land as soon as possible and your child will be a born Canadian instead a naturalized one.

Besides , if you decide to go for the first option and your child is born any time before your landing not PPR ,you must inform CIC about the change in your family composition ,otherwise you will never be able to sponsor your child .

Good Luck!