+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Visitor Visa..Again

Texmex44

Feb 5, 2009
Hello all, i am currently in the middle of being sponsored my my wife(applied inland). However my visitor visa is going to expire next month (30th April). I have already extended my visa once. My question is:

Do i have to resubmit all my supporting documents again for example my , passport photocopies, birth cerficate photocopies and documents such as "Use of a Representative" and "Copy of Marriage Certificate".

All of this has been submitted already do i need to send the again?

Thanks in advanced for any Replies

Andrew

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What stage is your application at? Did you apply for the open work permit together with your inland PR application?

If you are not yet at first-stage approval, but did apply for the OWP when you submitted the application, you don't need to apply to extend your status, as you will have "implied status" until they send you the OWP. If you're further on in the process, and your status is expiring, you will have to extend it again.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
matthewc is right - if you included an extension application with the inland PR application AND that reached Vegreville BEFORE the status you were given on entry to Canada expired, you have "implied status" to remain in Canada until your inland application reaches first stage approval and you're issued new temporary status (an open work permit/study permit, etc). If you applied separately from the inland PR application to extend your status, or if you've already received first stage approval and new temporary status and you're still not finalized for PR, you have to apply again to extend. And, yes, you'd need to include all the supporting documentation, in that case, with the application - copy of your marriage certificate, proof of support, current status document (to show it hasn't expired) and anything else listed in the extension application document checklist.