+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended stay online, payment failed, how do i pay again? HELP

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
HI
Im hoping someone can help me!
I just did my extended stay application online to stay with my partner in canada.
All files were uploaded, i did the digital signature, everything.

Then it asked for payment, a credit card, and it said payment failed. There was no option to retry with another card.
Now it says online application not yet submitted but theres nothing to click, no options at all!

How can i pay and submit this? Can anyone help me? PLEASE i need to do this asap :(

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
It looks exactly like this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1002&t=29

but theres no buttons, no continue profile, no delete profile

In details it says processing submission

Anyone knows what to do? I really appreciate any help.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
amhel26 said:
It looks exactly like this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1002&t=29

but theres no buttons, no continue profile, no delete profile

In details it says processing submission

Anyone knows what to do? I really appreciate any help.
Can you log out of MyCIC and log back in to see if it submitted? Also check your credit card to see if it was charged.
As long as you're far from your partner's status expiring you can check tomorrow as well as payment may take a little bit to show up (if it went through).

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for your answer. I tried login in and out several times. I waited for today and still looks the same:(
The card said transaction not authorized and im sure charge wasnt applied. I called bank.
so im lost..any ideas?

Should i just reupload all papers or how can you get the options to pay again? Any9ne in this situation before?
Thanks!!

Skanda

May 14, 2015
Do you think you can pay your fees using the below link and then upload a copy of the receipt along with other documents ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Skanda said:
Do you think you can pay your fees using the below link and then upload a copy of the receipt along with other documents ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
It won't allow you to submit the online form without paying at the time of submission (unless it has changed). I once made the mistake of getting a receipt and actually had to pay again to submit it electronically.

If you could get a paper receipt (by printing it out), you could file on paper, by [snail] mail. I think it needs to be mailed by the last day of the current permit, but it's much safer to make sure it gets to them by the last day. They do suggest that it be sent one month before it runs out, but that isn't a requirement, just a good idea. It will take longer sending a hard-copy application, but you are under "implied status" until you get a reply. The only thing is that you wouldn't want to leave the country until you get the new paper, because it may make it difficult to get back in.

I applied twice on the last possible day to apply because I got mixed up on the date. You are taking a chance that the postmark might be unreadable, but I think they actually go by the postmark. Ideally, you would make sure it gets to them by at least the day before the last day of the current permit.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks you are right it wont allow me to submit the online payment, it doesnt let me do anything.
I guess sending it by mail might be an option just i had everything ready online. Ill try to restart application tomorrow.
If anyone has any other ideas please let me know, it really seems weird that no option appears.
Thnaks!!

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi
Just updating. After 48 hours the button for continue your application appeared and i was asked to sign online again and then do payment.
I used a different card and it work yaaa!
Thank everyone.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
I'm glad to hear you got it to work, amhel26. I've had trouble before with a certain card not working there. It happened to me twice at the last minute that I couldn't pay the way I wanted to and I panicked. I think one time I had to ask my parents to let me use their credit card number, with only minutes to spare!