+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend work permit in the PR application process

kellily

Oct 21, 2011
Hi

I have a question regarding extending my work permit while I'm waiting through the PR application process. I'm currently working and my contract is ending at the end of January. I will be applying for PR at the end of January, however, my work permit will be expiring in April. So how do I extend my work permit? Does my company have to apply for work permit for me again? Or is there sth like implied status to be carried on? If that's the case, how do I renew my SIN card?

Thank you in advance for the help!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kellily said:
Hi

I have a question regarding extending my work permit while I'm waiting through the PR application process. I'm currently working and my contract is ending at the end of January. I will be applying for PR at the end of January, however, my work permit will be expiring in April. So how do I extend my work permit? Does my company have to apply for work permit for me again? Or is there sth like implied status to be carried on? If that's the case, how do I renew my SIN card?

Thank you in advance for the help!!
1. Employer requires a new LMO and you would have to apply for an extension of your work permit. There is no implied status, just because you have applied as a FSW . You renew your SIN when you get your new work permit.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi did you have 3 years PGWP? if so, you cant extend more than 3 years. you need to get a new fresh one.