+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend to stay and study permit

Temito

Mar 3, 2024
So, my Pwgp expires Oct 30 2024 but I am looking to get admission into a college for winter 2025 as I will apply next week .. my question is , is it okay to apply to extend my stay in order to be able to legally be in Canada Nov and Dec then also apply for student visa?
my concern is that my visitor extension and student visa would overlap. Is that a problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, my Pwgp expires Oct 30 2024 but I am looking to get admission into a college for winter 2025 as I will apply next week .. my question is , is it okay to apply to extend my stay in order to be able to legally be in Canada Nov and Dec then also apply for student visa?
my concern is that my visitor extension and student visa would overlap. Is that a problem?
You can apply for visitor extension and stop working while you wait for approval. Make sure you show funds and valid reasons to take the course.

Reactions: Temito

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
No problem with different permits overlapping. My son's visitor record was still valid when he got his approval for SP. Overlapping preferred than falling out of status.

Reactions: Temito

Temito

Mar 3, 2024
You can apply for visitor extension and stop working while you wait for approval. Make sure you show funds and valid reasons to take the course.
The Canadian immigration status for a PGWP holder is Worker right ? I am confused on whether to choose worker or visitor. Please advise. Thanks