+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Post Graduate work permit

Nov 16, 2012
Hi , I had completed a 8 months course and got a 1 year pgw , I have seen some students who received more than year of pgw (like 2 years and 3 years too). I was upset with it, why this partiality among same course students. Now want to extend my work permit. Please let me know possible ways to do it. I know about LMO so not that , but about extending my pgw as open work permit.

Please do reply to this post. Eagerly waiting . Thanx in advance

abhinav2212

Sep 7, 2012
Visa Office......
CGC Chandigargh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's done prior to visa filing
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2012
hey buddy
are you sure those students did a 8 months course, because cic website clearly states that pgwp wont be granted more than duration of study.

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

InternationalStudent said:
Hi , I had completed a 8 months course and got a 1 year pgw , I have seen some students who received more than year of pgw (like 2 years and 3 years too). I was upset with it, why this partiality among same course students. Now want to extend my work permit. Please let me know possible ways to do it. I know about LMO so not that , but about extending my pgw as open work permit.

Please do reply to this post. Eagerly waiting . Thanx in advance

Not at all possible. Other got more because they have studied more credit hours.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't qualify for a 2 or 3 year PGWP. You were correctly approved for just a 1 year PGWP. It is not possible for you to extend your PGWP.

As others have said, the reason why other students qualified for longer PGWPs is because they studied longer than you did.

You need an LMO if you want to keep working after the expiry of your PGWP.

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
duration PGWP depends on which of the followings

official duration of the course or duration u take to complete that course??

i am asking for the case of MEng. where official (maximum) duration of the course is 6 terms (2 yrs) but minimum duration of the course one should study to complete degree is 3 term (1 yrs).

1. if some one study for 1 yr (3 term) then how much will be the duration of PGWP?
2. if one study for 4 terms (16 months) then what will be the duration of PGWP?

please explain ur answers will be highly appreciated.

Nov 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have witnessed it within my same course colleagues. They and i studied 8 months, I applied pgw, they applied pgw ,i receive 1 year, they received 2 years.

This is not a made up story. I have seen many cases.

They have same background as i do then why this difference.

Thanks for your replies earlier.

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
InternationalStudent said:
Hi everyone,

I have witnessed it within my same course colleagues. They and i studied 8 months, I applied pgw, they applied pgw ,i receive 1 year, they received 2 years.

This is not a made up story. I have seen many cases.

They have same background as i do then why this difference.

Thanks for your replies earlier.
It isn't necessarily just the length of time you spent studying, but also the number of courses/credits you enrolled in during those two 4-month terms. Just as importantly, did you pass all of those courses?

Example: if you enrolled in three courses/9 credits each term, you would have earned a total of 18 credits. If your colleagues, on the other hand, enrolled in 5 courses per term, they may have completed as many as 30 credits during the same 8-month period. On top of that, if you failed to achieve a passing mark in one or more of your courses, the number of credits you actually have may be even lower than 18.