+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extend open work permit online

arielcidro

Sep 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if any of you is also having a hard time renewing or extending your work permit online (MyGIC). Every time we use the "Determine your eligibilty" tool, it automatically assumes that I'm applying for Canadian Express Entry which is not I want to do.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
arielcidro said:
I was wondering if any of you is also having a hard time renewing or extending your work permit online (MyGIC). Every time we use the "Determine your eligibilty" tool, it automatically assumes that I'm applying for Canadian Express Entry which is not I want to do.
Did you select that you have been determined to be "eligible" ? If not, you may be redirected to apply for PR in the first place. Select that you are eligible.

arielcidro

Sep 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
Did you select that you have been determined to be "eligible" ? If not, you may be redirected to apply for PR in the first place. Select that you are eligible.
Yes, we did answer the eligibility test but it keeps directing me to the Express Entry Application. We have already have an existing application through Canadian Experience Class and just want to renew the open work permit while waiting for the result of the application.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I just tried it myself. It works fine for me and offers me EE and Open Work Permit.

What would you like to do in Canada? > Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? > Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? > Canada

What is your current immigration status in Canada? > Worker

Three questions, whatever applies to you (The first question also asks if you have been approved to the PR process, this should be yes then if your application is in process.)

arielcidro

Sep 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
I just tried it myself. It works fine for me and offers me EE and Open Work Permit.

What would you like to do in Canada? > Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? > Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? > Canada

What is your current immigration status in Canada? > Worker

Three questions, whatever applies to you (The first question also asks if you have been approved to the PR process, this should be yes then if your application is in process.)
I think it was the 2nd question - How long are you planning to stay in Canada? - we answered Permanent here since PR is already in process.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
arielcidro said:
I think it was the 2nd question - How long are you planning to stay in Canada? - we answered Permanent here since PR is already in process.
Yeah that's what I assumed. But a BOWP is only "temporary"... that's why.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Hi guys

Since my PR is in process so I have applied for bridge extension. However my PGWP was issued for two year and two month due to early expiry of my passport. Instead to apply my remaining PGWP, I have applied the extension on my PNP nomination certificate on Nov 1, 2015 (paper base application) two months before my expiry hope I did right?

Thanks