+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exress entry second time. Not sure what to fill.

Sabik

Aug 25, 2019
Have you applied for express entry before?

I have applied and found out that its ineligible and and never got into the pool. It seemed like a dummy profile but I still got an Express entry profile number and all. I called IRCC and the lady asked me to answer 'yes' to that question and type down the application number. But all the online threads say 'no'
Please help me. Should it be an YES or a NO?

Reactions: KabeerWest77

Sabik

Aug 25, 2019
No. Having a profile is not the same as submitting an application after receiving an ITA.
Okay. So this what the lady argued to me from IRCC. That it asked if I have applied not if I have submitted. So she says I should answer genuinely and they can see my old profile so shouldn't hide anything. She made me so confusing.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
The answer is NO. No need to dig out old threads
A profile is not an application. And your old profile is completely irrelevant to your future applications
Unfortunately, Call center agents give out incorrect information all the time.

Sabik

Aug 25, 2019
The answer is NO. No need to dig out old threads
A profile is not an application. And your old profile is completely irrelevant to your future applications
Unfortunately, Call center agents give out incorrect information all the time.
Thank you for your response.

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
Okay. So this what the lady argued to me from IRCC. That it asked if I have applied not if I have submitted. So she says I should answer genuinely and they can see my old profile so shouldn't hide anything. She made me so confusing.
Please update what did you do finally as a solution?