+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expression of Interest Score and EOI Draw #135 (27th Jan)

mahi.i8d

Jan 30, 2022
Hi,
I am really confused about the recent EOI draw and ranking score of the lowest scoring candidate which was 609. https://immigratemanitoba.com/category/mpnp-notices/eoi-draw/

I submitted my EOI a week or two ago and here is my point breakdown that I calculated myself:

1. Language proficiency: 25/ band = 100
2. Age: 21- 45 = 75
3. Work: Exp less than 1 year = 0
4. Education: One post secondary program of 2 years or more = 110
5. Adaptability (I believe you only get point for one): Completed post-secondary program in Manitoba (two years or more) = 100
6. Risk Assessment = 0

That's a total of 385 points

What confuses me is that I got a Letter of Advice to Apply yesterday. If the cut off point was 609, is it ok for me to still apply since I got invited? In my EOI, I answered exactly as above.

There is also a section in the email which reads:

Declining your Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA)

If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the draw from which you were advised to apply, you should consider declining this LAA. You should also consider declining if you no longer meet the eligibility criteria of one of the MPNP streams. If you decide to apply in the above cases, your application may be refused. If you decline, you would have to submit a new EOI to be considered for future rounds of invitations.

Does the "new score" here mean that my answers from EOI has changed which resulted in a different point total? Or am I suppose to see the cut off point of 609 and compare it to mine and decide whether to apply or not? If latter is the case, why would they invite me in the first place.

Please Help! I would really appreciate it.