+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPRESS ENTRY's GREATEST SECRETS REVEALED!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Secret #1 : MAGIC NUMBER IS 779!
Secret #2 : NO ONE CARES ABOUT NOC LISTs!
Secret #3 : FSWP/CEC/FSTP ARE ALL IN THE SAME RAT RACE!
Secret #4 : ADDING A SPOUSE CAN ACTUALLY BRING YOUR POINTS DOWN!

Let me Explain:
As we can see, the entire Express Entry world is now divided into 2 world tiers.
Tier 1: people with LMIAs and/or PNPs. and Tier 2 : People with out LMIAs and/or PNPs.[Ref : the audio briefing by CIC before EE launch]

Tier 1 candidate scores might be anywhere between 750 approx. - 1100(practical highest).

Tier 2 can range from anywhere between 300 - 550(anything more is highly rare for tier 2)

Express Entry System issues 779 (the actual Magic Number) ITA's every week.may be modified to 1600 bimonthly, if they wish.

So, they start sweeping applicants form the top of the pyramid and issue a fixed number of ITAs every week/bimonthly cycle.It doesnt matter if you're a CEC or FSW or FSTP. We're all in the same rat race running madly for 1 big piece of cheese(PR).
They would keep on issuing ITA until their Annual Immigration target is met.

Since the last 2 draws, Applicants have received ITAs under FSW and CEC as well. You just have to qualify to get the highest points. Once you meet their CRS score requirements under that draw, they invite you to apply no matter what program.

the system is made in such a way that Canadian Experience score more points than FSW candidates unless the FSW candidate is very highly qualified. in that case, he's assumably bound to succeed in Canada.

Mind me, The EE rank system looks like a Pyramid. The lower is the score the more people are probable to qualify for it. Hence, if they still keep up to issuing 779 ITA's every week, the drop in the CRS score will reduced considerably.

Looking at the spread sheet, its very clear that the candidates with highest human capital score(550 approx) and those with very low human capital score but with LMIA is approx 750.

However, several arguments to this notion can be made.
1) they might make a CEC specific draw - keeping in mind the enormous public pressure to handle OWPs.

2) people forecasting the drop in immigration levels due to a drop in the Canadian economy and oil prices and general elections coming this year.

3) Scenario : for instance, until CRS 719 they have picked up 770 applicants and on CRS 720 there are 25 applicants. So either they would only isse 770 ITAs that week or Issue 795 ITAs that week. That might be debatable!

POINTS to WONDER :
1) your spouse can actually reduce your points and bring you down in the race if you haven't assessed his/her education and looked for her language scores. If any of you is a total Francophone, its better to make the francophone to be the principal applicant.

2) If you know french and English both ( try giving IELTS and TEF as well)

3) get your highest degree assessed.

4) Make sure, the experience you show, is totally verifiable.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Re: EXPRESS ENTRY's GREATEST SECRETS REVEALED! - Debatable

Interesting review.
But 779 is really strange magic number.
According ministerial rules, the minister must say how many people he needs and minimum score holders will all be invited.
It means that actual number ALWAYS must be a little more than ministerial number of applicants.
For example, he invites 750, but the EE takes 779 applicants. He invites 800, the EE takes 824 etc.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015

Ivan.Galv said:
Interesting review.
But 779 is really strange magic number.
According ministerial rules, the minister must say how many people he needs and minimum score holders will all be invited.
It means that actual number ALWAYS must be a little more than ministerial number of applicants.
For example, he invites 750, but the EE takes 779 applicants. He invites 800, the EE takes 824 etc.
Wild theory: maybe the original number was 1558 (1500, which is a nice round number, plus 58, which is the small addition to make sure all score holders are invited), and they decided to split the draw in two for whatever reason. It would also (kinda) explain why the second draw was done so soon after the first one. Just speculating, though.

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

fl_pie said:
Wild theory: maybe the original number was 1558 (1500, which is a nice round number, plus 58, which is the small addition to make sure all score holders are invited), and they decided to split the draw in two for whatever reason. It would also (kinda) explain why the second draw was done so soon after the first one. Just speculating, though.
You theory kind of makes sense!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Or may be the number is 800.
The System is programmed to accept 800 or less. So, if at the 800th ITA consideration, they realise that there are totally 50 Applicants at that CRS rank, they bail out on that rank and issue the ones before that.

That makes 779 an absolute coincidence.
lets see in the Valentine's Day draw!
lolzzz...

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I think the distribution of the score in somewhat in this pattern.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nah.....I think the Distribution is as shown below, if you see what I mean..... ;-) :p

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
Auone said:
Nah.....I think the Distribution is as shown below, if you see what I mean..... ;-) :p

LOL ;-)

+1 even though I'm not against the new system..

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lolzzz... thats funny!

Although, from the 2 draws, feels like its true.