+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry

cskguru

Nov 26, 2023
Hi,
I got my PNP approved during end of May 2023 and I got the invitation through FSWP during beginning of June 2023 and submitted all my documents during the last week of June 2023. I am presently working on closed LMIA. My family still lives in India. I included them on my family sponsorship through Express Entry.
As per the IRCC Tracker and my IRCC Login, the medical, PCC, Biometric everything got cleared except for the background check which is still showing in progress.

As per IRCC timelines, it shows 5 months for express entry processing time and if applied through PNP the total time is 10 months. But I completed both this timelines but still yet to receive any feedback or result.

I spoke to IRCC rep and as per him, he says the BG check isn't considered as part of the processing time. Not sure how long it will take. This forum has more experienced people who respond to your queries timely and give more clarity clearly. I have multiple questions which I need answer to and I would appreciate if someone able to assist me in answering these for me.

a) since I am on closed work permit, will it have any impact if I resign the job now ?
b) my LMIA is expiring on beginning of March 2024, should I wait for my approval or should I apply for Bridging open work permit now ?
c) I am a family of 5 (my wife and 3 kids) are in India. What would be the maximum timeframe should I need to wait to hear for the decision.

Please respond. thank you so much