+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

Petite247

Apr 18, 2022
Hello everyone
I'm pretty much in a similar case as most people here. I came to the US with a B1B2 visa and overstayed. Then I applied for asylum a year later which has been pending for over 2 years now. Applied for EAD as well which I still haven't gotten, could be because of the pandemic, I don't know. I'm currently not working in the US because I haven't gotten my EAD yet. Am I eligible for the Canadian EE?
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone
I'm pretty much in a similar case as most people here. I came to the US with a B1B2 visa and overstayed. Then I applied for asylum a year later which has been pending for over 2 years now. Applied for EAD as well which I still haven't gotten, could be because of the pandemic, I don't know. I'm currently not working in the US because I haven't gotten my EAD yet. Am I eligible for the Canadian EE?
Thank you
Yes, if eligible and state that you are an asylum seeker in the US.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone
Thank you
Yes, you are certainly eligible. Just make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration history and any past visa refusals in your application to Canada.

Note that EE draws have been on hold since December 2020 and we don't know when they will restart. You'll want a score of 480 to have a good chance of being selected.

Assuming you are successful in getting PR through EE and can travel to Canada, you may end up with a re-entery ban from the US once you leave. But that's not something you need to deal with immediately. The first step is qualifying and submitting your EE profile (and then hoping for a draw).

Petite247

Apr 18, 2022
Yes, you are certainly eligible. Just make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration history and any past visa refusals in your application to Canada.

Note that EE draws have been on hold since December 2020 and we don't know when they will restart. You'll want a score of 480 to have a good chance of being selected.

Assuming you are successful in getting PR through EE and can travel to Canada, you may end up with a re-entery ban from the US once you leave. But that's not something you need to deal with immediately. The first step is qualifying and submitting your EE profile (and then hoping for a draw).
Very helpful, thank you