+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

Jemug

Aug 27, 2015
Hi,

I am very new to this forum, please excuse me if this question has been answered already. I have a few questions:
1) I only have about 9 months of work experience so far by august and my post graduate work permit expires on Dec 3rd, My CLB is a 7 as average for spaking, listening, reading and writing. I studied in Canada (up to degree) and i'm 24 and no spouse yet.
I tried to complete the profile for Express entry but I do not qualify yet, i'm guessing due to the 1 year experience, I am not sure if there are other means to qualify? should I maybe try doing another IELTS exam?

2) is the 1 year full-time work include doing over time done at work? is the 1560hrs just the minimum?.. is working 2 permanent jobs to reach the 1560hrs possible and then before submitting profile, I can get an LMIA with one employer?

3) does an employer need an LMIA for the provincial nominee program?

Thank you very much :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need at least 1 year of continuous employment in NOC 0/A/B to qualify and that 1 year equals 1560 hours of working full-time calculated at 30 hours/week for 52 weeks. So there is no way around that. You will be eligible after you've worked for 1 year.

LMIA and PNP are 2 distinct programs with no cross-dependencies. So an employer definitely doesn't need LMIA for PNP.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jemug said:
Hi,

I am very new to this forum, please excuse me if this question has been answered already. I have a few questions:
1) I only have about 9 months of work experience so far by august and my post graduate work permit expires on Dec 3rd, My CLB is a 7 as average for spaking, listening, reading and writing. I studied in Canada (up to degree) and i'm 24 and no spouse yet.
I tried to complete the profile for Express entry but I do not qualify yet, i'm guessing due to the 1 year experience, I am not sure if there are other means to qualify? should I maybe try doing another IELTS exam?

Wait until you've worked for a year....then create your profile

2) is the 1 year full-time work include doing over time done at work? is the 1560hrs just the minimum?.. is working 2 permanent jobs to reach the 1560hrs possible and then before submitting profile, I can get an LMIA with one employer?

Yes to the first question but it's just easier to work one year at your job....what's the rush?

3) does an employer need an LMIA for the provincial nominee program?

No...but depending on where you apply you may need documentation from your employer which they may or may not be willing to complete
Thank you very much :)

Akshat saxena

Aug 27, 2015
No Points for CRS - Spouse - Level of Education

Hi,

I recently submitted by profile for express entry and I am not given any points for my spouse's level of education even after filling up the details of her WES evaluation which is Bachelor'd degree. I tried modifying the profile couple of times but its not helping. Could you please tell me what the problem is and how it can be resolved.

Many thanks,
Akshat