+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry without any work experience.

sajalsharma

Sep 9, 2015
Hi everyone...

I have a question
I have recently completed my studies here in Canada and now i am waiting for my pgwp. I don't have any work experience....neither here nor in India but still my CRS score is 421. So if in near future or anytime before i get one year experience the EE draw goes below my score...will i be eligible to get an ITA regardless of the fact that i don't have any sort of work experience.

Thanks

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Express entry without any working experience.

sajalsharma said:
Hi everyone...

I have a question
I have recently completed my studies here in Canada and now i am waiting for my pgwp. I don't have any work experience....neither here nor in India but still my CRS score is 421. So if in near future or anytime before i get one year experience the EE draw goes below my score...will i be eligible to get an ITA regardless of the fact that i don't have any sort of work experience.

Thanks
you need to have atleast one year full-time or part-time in an equal amount (in terms of working hrs/week) to be eligible for securing invitation; being a Canadian postgrad you should also seek for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) instead of Federal Skilled Worker, I am not much known about its work experience criteria but might it makes you eligible to obtain PR!

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Irrespective of your score, you need to be eligible under CEC or FSWP. For that u need at least 1 year experience.

sajalsharma

Sep 9, 2015

feejay87 said:
you need to have atleast one year full-time or part-time in an equal amount (in terms of working hrs/week) to be eligible for securing invitation; being a Canadian postgrad you should also seek for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) instead of Federal Skilled Worker, I am not much known about its work experience criteria but might it makes you eligible to obtain PR!

thanks for your reply....can you please explain the difference b/w CEC And FSW.
As far as i know...this EE system is just rewarding extra points for your Work experience in Canada which will be adding up to my score when i have had at least one year of Eperience .They are not rewarding any extra points for your education in Canada.

Please correct me if i am wrong

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sajalsharma said:
As far as i know...this EE system is just rewarding extra points for your Work experience in Canada which will be adding up to my score when i have had at least one year of Eperience .They are not rewarding any extra points for your education in Canada.

Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category for Canada's temporary foreign workers who wish to become Permanent Residents.

Temporary foreign workers are ideal candidates for Canadian immigration (Permanent Residency). Having obtained Canadian work experience, these individuals have already settled into Canadian society and have established important networks in their communities and their careers.
Canadian Experience Class applications are processed through the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada. Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence before they may make an application.

CEC requirements

Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. They must have:

Obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date; and
Met or surpassed a Canadian Language Benchmark threshold of 5 ("initial intermediate") or 7 ("adequate intermediate proficiency") depending on the level of the job; and
Plan to live and work outside of the Province of Quebec (individuals who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class)
Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within two years of leaving their job in Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class requirements are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant is eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.

Note: Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

A Popular Option for International Students

For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class offers the fastest and most simple path to achieving permanent residence.

After completing a program or course of study at a Canadian educational institution, many international graduates are able to remain in the country on post-graduate work permits. If, during this time, a graduate obtains at least one year of work in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class.

Additional Options for Foreign Workers

If you are considering the Canadian Experience Class because you qualify as a temporary foreign worker, you may have other options for Canadian immigration through the various Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP).

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sajalsharma said:

The advantage of canadian degree is that you dont need to submit educational credentials assessment. I am nt sure about extra points for canadian experience.

sajalsharma

Sep 9, 2015

feejay87 said:
Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category for Canada's temporary foreign workers who wish to become Permanent Residents.

Temporary foreign workers are ideal candidates for Canadian immigration (Permanent Residency). Having obtained Canadian work experience, these individuals have already settled into Canadian society and have established important networks in their communities and their careers.
Canadian Experience Class applications are processed through the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada. Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence before they may make an application.

CEC requirements

Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. They must have:

Obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date; and
Met or surpassed a Canadian Language Benchmark threshold of 5 ("initial intermediate") or 7 ("adequate intermediate proficiency") depending on the level of the job; and
Plan to live and work outside of the Province of Quebec (individuals who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class)
Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within two years of leaving their job in Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class requirements are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant is eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.

Note: Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

A Popular Option for International Students

For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class offers the fastest and most simple path to achieving permanent residence.

After completing a program or course of study at a Canadian educational institution, many international graduates are able to remain in the country on post-graduate work permits. If, during this time, a graduate obtains at least one year of work in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class.

Additional Options for Foreign Workers

If you are considering the Canadian Experience Class because you qualify as a temporary foreign worker, you may have other options for Canadian immigration through the various Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP).

Thanks buddy...much appreciated.

sajalsharma

Sep 9, 2015

bluffmaster88 said:
The advantage of canadian degree is that you dont need to submit educational credentials assessment. I am nt sure about extra points for canadian experience.
I did my bachelors in India and did a post graduate programme here.
So do i still need to do ECS for my Bachelors knowing the fact that i was accepted into a PG course on the basis of my Bachelos only.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sajalsharma said:
I did my bachelors in India and did a post graduate programme here.
So do i still need to do ECS for my Bachelors knowing the fact that i was accepted into a PG course on the basis of my Bachelos only.
yes, you have to go; ECA is not required for getting admission in Canadian Universities but indeed it is required for filing PR;

sajalsharma

Sep 9, 2015
feejay87 said:
yes, you have to go; ECA is not required for getting admission in Canadian Universities but indeed it is required for filing PR;
Just out of curiosity....
We are required to go for ECS for non Canadian degrees just to evaluate that if our degree is equivalent to its Canadian counterpart.
But the requirement of my course was a Bachelors degree and i got admission because i met this requirement back then.
so how can they now question credibility of my degree after already issuing a study permit on the basis of that particular degree only.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sajalsharma said:
Just out of curiosity....
We are required to go for ECS for non Canadian degrees just to evaluate that if our degree is equivalent to its Canadian counterpart.
But the requirement of my course was a Bachelors degree and i got admission because i met this requirement back then.
so how can they now question credibility of my degree after already issuing a study permit on the basis of that particular degree only.
It is mandatory, you can question as much as you can to me, but not with CIC !

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sajalsharma said:
Lol...you're right.
We can't help these requirements.

Thanks though.
yes brother, they are too much rigid in the eligibility requirements so its like a one-way questioning only; also its your need and not their so you have to abide by each rule and regulation, they have imposed!

sajalsharma

Sep 9, 2015
feejay87 said:
yes brother, they are too much rigid in the eligibility requirements so its like a one-way questioning only; also its your need and not their so you have to abide by each rule and regulation, they have imposed!
Exactly....its my need, not theirs
I completely agree.
Anyways...Congrats
I just noticed that you got your much awaited ITA.
Good luck

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sajalsharma said:
Exactly....its my need, not theirs
I completely agree.
Anyways...Congrats
I just noticed that you got your much awaited ITA.
Good luck