+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Trying to Reach 2yr Can Exp

makalina

Aug 13, 2024
Hi everyone, I recently got laid off. My open work permit has around 6 months left.

I have accumulated 1 year and 9 months canada work experience and I am already in Express Entry pool. However, it looks like Express Entry system has already calculated and boosted my score based on 2 years work experience cause I worked for two companies before, both of which started at the end of a month and ended in the middle of a month while EE system only let you fill month and year without date into the blanks of work history.

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in engineering (not CS or IT related) from a top university in Canada, and worked in laboratories after graduation. I still need 2 to 3 months work experience to achieve 2 year canada work experience in EE system. TBH, I am not sure where can I find opportunity of NOC 0AB or lets say TEER 0123 opportunities right now as I am currently located at west coast Metro Van area. My major of bachelor does not have many corresponding positions on job boards. I have contacted my previous boss and they are trying their best to hire me back but they are still struggling with revenue and finance.

Right now, while trying to apply for new job positions, I am strenthening my english and french on the other hand to boost my IELTS and TCF scores.

Any suggestions for any types of jobs I could try to apply? Or any suggestions for any better option?
Any help is greatly appreciated!