+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Spouse IELTS

deeepraveen

Apr 14, 2016
Hello Experts,

I will logging into the CIC pool soon. I have some question before I do.

- I am applying with my spouse. I have completed ECA for her as well. The ECA results are 1 Masters equivalency and 1 Degree equivalency, will the points be awarded for the masters or it will be considered as 2 or more degrees?

- She DID not take IELTS, but I did, is it still possible to use her ECA alone (for education points alone) to register in the pool or she also has to take IELTS (mandatory for her)?

Thanks in advance.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
deeepraveen said:
Hello Experts,

I will logging into the CIC pool soon. I have some question before I do.

- I am applying with my spouse. I have completed ECA for her as well. The ECA results are 1 Masters equivalency and 1 Degree equivalency, will the points be awarded for the masters or it will be considered as 2 or more degrees?

- She DID not take IELTS, but I did, is it still possible to use her ECA alone (for education points alone) to register in the pool or she also has to take IELTS (mandatory for her)?

Thanks in advance.
1. Masters will give you higher points than 'two or more degrees'. Two or more degrees would have been relevant if it was Bachelors plus one degree/diploma. In your spouse's case you have to select Masters.

2. Yes, you can use her ECA alone and update it. IELTS and ECA is not mandatory for co-applicant under Express Entry.

deeepraveen

Apr 14, 2016
First of all thanks for the super fast reply.

So this is the assessment outcome for my spouse.

Credential 1: Three year's bachelor's degree from a recognized university
Credential 2: Master Business Administration degree from a recognized university.

So now which one I should be selecting? Still Masters? coz I remember reading somewhere that masters is only for practice to degree professionals like Doctors etc., my spouse is master in MBA.

Another question - My outcome is bachelors from a recognized university, I did 4 year engineering, what should I select?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
deeepraveen said:
First of all thanks for the super fast reply.

So this is the assessment outcome for my spouse.

Credential 1: Three year's bachelor's degree from a recognized university
Credential 2: Master Business Administration degree from a recognized university.

So now which one I should be selecting? Still Masters? coz I remember reading somewhere that masters is only for practice to degree professionals like Doctors etc., my spouse is master in MBA.

Another question - My outcome is bachelors from a recognized university, I did 4 year engineering, what should I select?
I also got both my Bachelors and Masters assessed and I selected Masters for me. So you can select Masters for your spouse, as it does not matter what degree your spouse would be using to practice later, what matters now is the score and since your spouse's Masters has been assessed, you can select Masters for your spouse.

For you, you can select Bachelors.