+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Express entry) Regarding foreign work experience

bhargavg

Jun 30, 2016
Hi, I will be applying for express entry next month and my current score is 459 points(not including foreign experience)

My current profile is I've a masters degree and 1 year full time experience in Canada but it's a contract position(will be renewed at least for 2 more years).

To increase the chances of getting selected in pool I've got 2 options:

Option 1. For BC PNP, I need a permanent position(+600pts) that could get me PR easily.
Option 2. If I include my 1 year foreign experience my score will increase to 497pts and that will also help to get PR based on recent draws.

My question? at the time of applying for Study visa to Canada back in time, 2012 I've not included my foreign experience in application(because its only 8 months passed but gained 1 year later, just before leaving to Canada) and also when I renewed my study visa in Canada 2013 I've not included at that time too(thought it wasn't necessary).

But now that foreign experience will help me to increase my score by 38 points. So if I include that will I run into any problems like CIC will question me why didn't you put this experience back in time...

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhargavg said:
Hi, I will be applying for express entry next month and my current score is 459 points(not including foreign experience)

My current profile is I've a masters degree and 1 year full time experience in Canada but it's a contract position(will be renewed at least for 2 more years).

To increase the chances of getting selected in pool I've got 2 options:

Option 1. For BC PNP, I need a permanent position(+600pts) that could get me PR easily.
Option 2. If I include my 1 year foreign experience my score will increase to 497pts and that will also help to get PR based on recent draws.

My question? at the time of applying for Study visa to Canada back in time, 2012 I've not included my foreign experience in application(because its only 8 months passed but gained 1 year later, just before leaving to Canada) and also when I renewed my study visa in Canada 2013 I've not included at that time too(thought it wasn't necessary).

But now that foreign experience will help me to increase my score by 38 points. So if I include that will I run into any problems like CIC will question me why didn't you put this experience back in time...
That's fine. You can include a Letter of Explanation after ITA and explain why you didn't include it back then.

Just make sure you have a full 52 weeks of work experience with at least 30 hours per week (both conditions must be met).

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
That's fine. You can include a Letter of Explanation after ITA and explain why you didn't include it back then.

Just make sure you have a full 52 weeks of work experience with at least 30 hours per week (both conditions must be met).
Back then he probably mentioned he was unemployed during that period. It will certainly raise some eyebrows.

bhargavg

Jun 30, 2016
thejkhan said:
Back then he probably mentioned he was unemployed during that period. It will certainly raise some eyebrows.
Thanks for your reply but I didn't said I was unemployed. Just left it blank.

bhargavg

Jun 30, 2016
Dexmoody said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have met both conditions.

One more question, at the time of studying my masters I've worked as customer representative and I've included that when I was renewing resident visa, will that customer experience will be any trouble? (As now I'm a working software professional)

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhargavg said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have met both conditions.

One more question, at the time of studying my masters I've worked as customer representative and I've included that when I was renewing resident visa, will that customer experience will be any trouble? (As now I'm a working software professional)
No trouble, unless you worked for more than 20 hours/week, which is unauthorised.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
thejkhan said:
No trouble, unless you worked for more than 20 hours/week, which is unauthorised.
hello sir,

I have similiar situation, when i applied student visa i was studying simultaneously working(in home country), i dint show 1 year work exp i had then, but i showed 1 year study i had by then, however my student visa was refused as i was treated as a potential immigrant, now i have 3 years of exp which includes that 1 year exp too i got while studying, but now i dint mention or claim points in EE for the 1 year study i showed then for my student visa.

will this be fine, as of now i got my ITA, GCMS notes says R10 and A11.2 met in CIO after 10days of AOR.

Kindly reply !!!

cheers,
Rrk.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
hello sir,

I have similiar situation, when i applied student visa i was studying simultaneously working(in home country), i dint show 1 year work exp i had then, but i showed 1 year study i had by then, however my student visa was refused as i was treated as a potential immigrant, now i have 3 years of exp which includes that 1 year exp too i got while studying, but now i dint mention or claim points in EE for the 1 year study i showed then for my student visa.

will this be fine, as of now i got my ITA, GCMS notes says R10 and A11.2 met in CIO after 10days of AOR.

Kindly reply !!!

cheers,
Rrk.
I'm no "sir".

If you're not claiming points for it, you don't have to mention it in your EE profile.

But later, in the background declaration document (assuming something like this exists for EE) where you have to declare everything you've done in the last 10 years - there you have to mention it.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
thejkhan said:
I'm no "sir".

If you're not claiming points for it, you don't have to mention it in your EE profile.

But in the background declaration document (assuming something like this exists for EE) where you have to declare everything you've done in the last 10 years - there you have to mention it.
Thank you so much for reply, i submitted schedule A, i mention employment from 2013-16 but not 1 year study from 2013-14....omg.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
Thank you so much for reply, i submitted schedule A, i mention employment from 2013-16 but not 1 year study from 2013-14....omg.
I don't think it's a big deal, but it doesn't hurt to raise a case specific enquiry to provide amended history of activities:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
thejkhan said:
I don't think it's a big deal, but it doesn't hurt to raise a case specific enquiry to provide amended history of activities:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you very much for reply, do i also need to mention y i dint mention work exp when i applied student visa, or do i not have to mention it as it was anyway refused, btw it was a paper based application.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
Thank you very much for reply, do i also need to mention y i dint mention work exp when i applied student visa,
No that's not relevant for this application.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
thejkhan said:
No that's not relevant for this application.
ok, Thank you very much for response sir.........+1.

Amandeep Kor

Oct 5, 2015
Cambridge
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
ok, Thank you very much for response sir.........+1.
Did you get your PR, I am facing a situation like this, as in my study permit, i mentioned my experience, but not the study, but now i want to claim points for study of that period, but not the work experience, because i have another experience to claim.