+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry + Ready for Visa + STATUS CHANGE Do you intend to get married ? -> can I add my girl friend?

Vince8

Jan 31, 2017
Hello,
It's been a long wait, 3 years of Express Entry procedure.
I just received my "Ready for Visa" email offering me permanent residency.

The email asks:

STATUS CHANGE
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?

• Have you gotten married or divorced?
  • Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

What if I intend to get married ?

3 years ago when I applied for Entry Express, I had a new girlfriend so I didn't put her in my application.
Now we've been living together for 3 years and that would be convenient to bring her.
If we do an quick mariage, is it possible to bring my partner to my application so se gets permanent residency without delaying the procedure?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
It's been a long wait, 3 years of Express Entry procedure.
I just received my "Ready for Visa" email offering me permanent residency.

The email asks:

STATUS CHANGE
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?

• Have you gotten married or divorced?
  • Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

What if I intend to get married ?

3 years ago when I applied for Entry Express, I had a new girlfriend so I didn't put her in my application.
Now we've been living together for 3 years and that would be convenient to bring her.
If we do an quick mariage, is it possible to bring my partner to my application so se gets permanent residency without delaying the procedure?

Thanks
If you have been living together for 3 years, then you are common law and it is mandatory that you add her to your application. There is no need to get married.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just to add to what Scylla has said above. It is mandatory to let IRCC know about your girlfriend now else you may face challenges if you try to sponsor her later on.