+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry query

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Hi,
Creating EE profile as Married but spouse not accompanying..later say after 2months if we feel we should have included spouse data can this be added in the Express Entry profile originally created.

Initially i would have thought let me get the PR first , go to Canada and after say 6 odd months apply for Spouse Sponsorship..but if its hard to get then later after 2months can i make updation in EE Profile that Spouse Accompanying with adding IELTS of wife plus her ECA having done later after 2months

Is this a bad idea
Rgds

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
sanmacviv said:
Hi,
Creating EE profile as Married but spouse not accompanying..later say after 2months if we feel we should have included spouse data can this be added in the Express Entry profile originally created.

Initially i would have thought let me get the PR first , go to Canada and after say 6 odd months apply for Spouse Sponsorship..but if its hard to get then later after 2months can i make updation in EE Profile that Spouse Accompanying with adding IELTS of wife plus her ECA having done later after 2months

Is this a bad idea
Rgds
If the revised score doesn't bring your score down from the draw when u received ITA then you'll be good.

Reactions: Adanac11

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideally, you must include your spouse in your original application.

Not including her initially is absurd and then later sponsoring her after reaching Canada is an extremely bad notion. The timeliness for spousal application can stretch anywhere between 12-15 months.

So make it a joint application from the beginning, even if it takes some more efforts.